We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the name of that service?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
614 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
What's the name of that service?

Can someone remind me of the name of the express service at the Provo airport? The one that wisks you through security and sets you up in a departure lounge before your flight. Thanks!

Burlington...
Level Contributor
90 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the name of that service?

It is the VIP Flyer's Club; it's expensive

http://www.vipflyersclub.com/

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,761 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the name of that service?

It's $200 first person, $50 each additional.

It does beat missing a flight though! and sometimes worth the price of stress!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
590 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the name of that service?

Security is such a short corridor area and the lounge is just a small room with a few shops and a little counter where you can buy some food. I'm not sure it's entirely worth this added expense to your trip. Just my personal opinion, don't let that deter you from using this service!

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the name of that service?

If its not a timing issue, Just get the lounge pass ($40) and get there early. And I just found out they built an awning over the outside waiting line, so it eliviates the sunstroke issue. I booked the room for my July 1:55pm departure and plan on getting there early enough to miss the crowds (hopefully) and have a leasurly lunch in A/C waiting for my flight.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the name of that service?

Sitting in it. Worth it!

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the name of that service?

There are 2 types of service. If you do the "walk through service" it is just $40 pp. I just booked it for June., It just accommodates 15 people so we decided to book it now.. It is worth it for us to sit in an a/c room where we be comfortably seated. Is all we have to do is ring the door bell on the door after checking in and passing customs. After our last trip's air port experience, it is well worth it.

Edited: 14 January 2012, 21:27
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
96 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the name of that service?

Is the airport that bad? Just curious if this is attractive b/c there aren't any airline lounges or because of the lack of a/c. We're on a liveaborad out of Provo in June and I'm just wondering if we're going to be miserable in the airport. Thank you in advance for any advice!

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What's the name of that service?

Here's my answer to all of your questions...avoid departing on Saturday and save your money. Rent a car, check your luggage in the morning and spend the rest of the morning enjoying a last swim. Enjoy your last conch meal at Da Conch Shack at noon, go back an hour before your flight, breeze through the security line, hop on your plane, weep a little bit and fly on home. Just sayin'.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's the name of that service?

I don't get this one.. I have never had a bad experience departing T&C. We had a nice lunch at the diner- counter and went through security. Have things changed since last March? Will be back in 8 weeks - should I be worried?

xx Gigi

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What's the name of that service?

We left on a monday in the afternoon when ALL the flights seem to leave. We grabbed lunch and checked our bags and took our lunch through security. Fortunately we were there 2 hours before and fortunate to get a seat.

The place became packed with people sitting on the floor, taking wheelchairs, sitting on suitcases and it was PACKED and pretty stuffy. Either arrive early or use the lounge is my opinion.

Things have a changed a lot since 2000 when were last in provo, but the airport is not one of them.