We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report 1/20-1/22

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
105 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report 1/20-1/22

First of all, thank you to everyone who answered my questions in the forum. I really appreciate it!

Quick bio - Solo female traveler in my twenties on a quick trip to paradise!

Friday, 1/20 - Arrived at PLS around 1 o'clock and line for immigration went quickly. I didn't check any bags so I quickly scooted out the door where a man was herding people into shuttles. The couple in front of me was also going to Comfort Suites so we all went in the same shuttle.

Comfort Suites is in a great location and I was impressed for the price ($147 per night). My room was ready right away so I ran to put luggage away and get some snacks.

I walked to Graceway Gourmet and grabbed a salad from the salad bar that I made ($1.84) and premade seafood salad ($5.99). If you look, there are some great deals but if you need to buy brand name products of American foods, be prepared to pay. I didn't purchase the blueberries for $6 but opted for the cut up watermelon at $3.09 for the container.

Enjoyed the beach for a few hours where I got Wi-Fi on my Blackberry on the Seven Seas WiFi network. I enjoyed a reasonably priced meal at Pizza, Pizza and walked around the Regent Plaza. I felt comfortable walking at night from Comfort Suites to the Regent Plaza area as there were quite a few tourists walking around as well.

Saturday - 1/21

The best day in paradise! Took the advice of Tracey at the CS front desk and departed on the Caicos Dream Tours Half Day Snorkel trip. There were 13 of us on the boat and it was very comfortable, everyone had their own space and it wasn't crowded like some tours I have been on. We went snorkeling in the reef where I saw a gorgeous conch shell and lobster. We then went to the conch farm where we dove for lunch!!! We had great luck and I found the most amazing starfish! We all took pictures and then Robbins put the starfish back in the water. We had delicious fresh conch salad and searched for sand dollars. We also went to iguana island to see the iguanas. I met a mother/daughter duo who were also on a 3 day trip staying at CS and we ended up getting lunch beachside at Seven Seas after the snorkel trip. Seven Seas was gorgeous!!

I went for a long walk on the beach and ended up eating by the pool for dinner. The stars were incredible and it was nice to relax by the pool.

Sunday - 1/22

Woke up early for continental breakfast and went to the beach for 3 hours before departing for the airport.

The only negative of my trip was that I had to leave!! :(

All in all, I had a very enjoyable trip. I would have splurged a bit more on accommodations if I had been traveling with others but since I was traveling by myself, CS was great.

Positives about CS: Free continental breakfast, Wi-Fi in all rooms and by the pool, helpful front desk staff, computers in the lobby, renovated rooms, affordable accommodation in paradise!

Once again, thank you to all for your help and I am absolutely in love with Turks and Caicos! The water was amazing and I completely understand everyone who loves this great place! I cannot wait to return! I am already planning a return trip but this time with my mom!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report 1/20-1/22

So glad that you enjoyed Provo! It truly is a wonderful place to visit!

Sounds like you made the most out of a short visit. Now you can start planning your return trip!

Thanks for posting!

bobcaygeon,ontario
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report 1/20-1/22

Sounds like you had a great holiday. We are staying at Grace Bay Place and I dont think that is very far from where you stayed. I did hear the Comtort Suites was recently renovated and very nice. Did you find everything fairly close and did you walk around on your own at night? Or would you? Great to hear little bits about the IGA and prices. Looking forward to our first trip also.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report 1/20-1/22

You're very brave and adventurous making a trip on your own. This is great! I'm very happy for you and very glad you enjoyed it. Now, hope your mom becomes a TCI addict as well :)

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
105 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report 1/20-1/22

cjs8, I'm not sure where Grace Bay Place is exactly but if it's close to Ocean Club West or Seven Seas, then it's pretty close to Comfort Suites. The beach access for Comfort Suites is to the right of Seven Seas if you are walking down the beach rode.

Want2B...It was so much fun! I couldn't stop gushing to my mom about it! I really felt safe and everyone was incredibly friendly! I have traveled to a few places by myself and T&C was by far the best for a solo traveler looking for safety and fantastic beaches IMO. I went to one of the little souvenir stores in the Ports of Call plaza and I was paying with quarters for a piece of candy and the woman who owned the store said if I only had 4 quarters, that would be fine. I gave her $1.50 which was the price of the candy bar but I was really impressed by the friendliness of every one I met! It is truly a fantastic place!

I have posted some of my trip photos which are all scenery since I couldn't stop taking photos of the beach!! http://flickr.com/gp/75067197@N06/8N12k9/

Palmdale, California
Level Contributor
450 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report 1/20-1/22

So glad you had a wonderful trip. Your Mom is sure to love it as much as you do. You only have to visit once and you are hooked!

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,232 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report 1/20-1/22

Thanks for the trip report.

Glad to see a post from a solo female traveler.

It is a great 'chill out" destination.

Mike

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
618 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report 1/20-1/22

starwood, thanks so much for the report...glad you enjoyed your visit!!!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report 1/20-1/22

Glad to hear you had an enjoyable trip. Enjoyed your photos. Thanks for posting.

East Rockaway, NY
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report 1/20-1/22

Hi Starwood- Thanks for the great trip report and pictures. I can't wait to see the beauty in person!! We are staying at CS in a few weeks- so I have a few questions. Did they supply Beach towels? Was there anything you wish you had in your room that I should bring from home? How much did the taxi to the hotel cost?

I think we are going to do the trip with Caicos Dreams also but were thinking of the full day trip. Did you think the half day was enough or could you have gone out longer?

We are coming from NY too- did you ever feel like you needed a flashlight to walk at night? Bringing my 7YO and she likes enough light (ok- so do I ;-)

Thanks in advance for all the info!

East Rockaway, NY
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report 1/20-1/22

Forgot one thing- did you use your phone there to make calls? Was it very expensive if you did?

Thanks again!!!!