We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upscale resort & traveling with the kiddos

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Upscale resort & traveling with the kiddos

finally! We are going to T&C!! Looking at the end of May.

I need some help though. We are traveling with our 3 kids (ages 7, 8 and 2).

Initially thinking Somerset BeachFRONT, but 16K kinda blows the budget. So can any of you lovely experts give me a second choice? Upscale, luxury...Beachfront is a must. Reataurants on property or nearby is a plus. We aren't looking for a Beaches type of resort. Considering Regent Grand perhaps? I thought the Tuscany would be nice, but it seems a bit isolated (no dining options nearby)?

Advice appreciated :)

Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upscale resort & traveling with the kiddos

We are travelling with three kids aged 6, 12 and 14. Budget was important for us as well which is why we are across the road from the beach. We are able to stay for 2 1/2 weeks for the price of 4 days in one of the all inclusives at TCI! We're renting a two story condo, two decks, bbq, two baths, two bedrooms, kitchen and living area. If you are wanting upscale and luxury...you will pay the price!

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,647 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upscale resort & traveling with the kiddos

Take a close look at the seven stars. Great beach stretch, great pool which your kids will love and the location can't be beat.

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upscale resort & traveling with the kiddos

There is actully a very nice upscale resturant right next door at the Ocean Club called Opus. Very good food and romantic outdoor dining. Also kid friendly. There is the Cabana next door which is casual outdoor beachside dining. Very good reasonable food. Great for kids. Next to that is Flamingos which is a very casual beachfront resturant with very good food and best prices by T & C standards. You will see a sign out front that says Cultural Center. It is the building toward the back. You can go accross the street to the golf course called Fairway and there is a new steakhouse that is getting rave reviews. If you don't feel like cooking or going out the Fairway is the room service company for the Tuscany. There are menus in your condo.

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upscale resort & traveling with the kiddos

Oh, I forgot there are hobie cats to the left in front of the Tuscany and if you want to do a snorkel trip the boat picks you up on the beach in front of the Tuscany. The girls at the front desk will book andy resturants, rental cars, or excursions for you. They have connections so there are some discounts for that too.

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upscale resort & traveling with the kiddos

Ocean Cub next door also has a small convenient store onsite that has most everything you need. Bread, milk, snacks, etc. Even alcohol.

oklahoma girl at...
Level Contributor
473 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upscale resort & traveling with the kiddos

Thanks all!

luvhawaii have you stayed at the Tuscany? What about it's new sister property...The Venetian, I think. Thanks for the insight :)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Upscale resort & traveling with the kiddos

kenzielou1, while visiting Provo in November, the general manager of both Tuscany and Venetian showed me around. I was very impressed by both properties, as well as the general manager. She made it clear that customer satisfaction is her #1 concern, and I believe her.

The Venetian is brand new, while The Tuscany is fairly new. Accommodations and amenities are very nice, and identical.

You don't see many guests there, primarily because only a portion of the units are rented. Personally, we enjoy the privacy and relaxed atmosphere.

We're hoping to stay at one of the two this summer.

Here's a link to the new Venetian:

www.thevenetiangracebay.com

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Upscale resort & traveling with the kiddos

How about Grace Bay Club? Beachfront upscale resort with restaurants onsite.

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Upscale resort & traveling with the kiddos

Kenzielou, I have stayed at the Ocean Club and will be at the Tuscany in June. We were staying at Royal West Indies but have had a change of plans. The Venetian is just opened so is just taking reservations. Not much has been said so far. It is right next door and has a totaly different look on the exterior but it has been said that it is very similar on the inside units. So far there has been only one post from a traveler. They share the entrance road. The beach is the widest in that area so it never feels crowded. When you come out on the beach if you turn right you can walk forever and not see anybody. Very private.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Upscale resort & traveling with the kiddos

Kenzielou,

I fully understand wanting oceanfront vs. just oceanview or gardenview....oceanfront accommodations are always on the top of our priority list, too. :)

And I agree that the Tuscany, Venetian & Regent Grand are all beautiful, luxury-style properties with reasonable rates for oceanfront suites, especially if you're looking for at least a 2 or 3 bedroom.

However, if you're looking for more included amenities, e.g. complimentary kayaks, paddle boards & hobie cats, free breakfast, pool and/or beach service, etc., properties like the Tuscany, Venetian & RG may not include some of these amenities or services, or may only offer it on a limited basis.

For example, I understand that the beach staff @ Ocean Club East may offer some beach service to guests at the Tuscany....however, it may not be to the extent or as consistent as if you were an actual guest at the Ocean Club East. (CaribDesi may be able to address this better than I since he had a one-on-one tour with the manager at the Tuscany). The Fairways restaurant offers room service to guests at the Tuscany; however, no complimentary breakfast is included in the rate. Also, at the RG & the Tuscany, it is my understanding that free non-motorized sports equipment are not included; however, as was mentioned previously, there are hobie cats, etc. being offered (for a fee) on/close to the beachfront of the Tuscany & Venetian.

Anyway, you may already know & have considered that these resorts are more "self-catering", with a few less amenities/services than others in the "luxury category" you have or will consider(ed), e.g. the Somerset, Seven Stars or the Grace Bay Club. And, really, there's nothing wrong with choosing to stay at a more "self-catering" property (we certainly would stay at the Tuscany or Venetian on a future visit)....just as long as you are aware of the differences.

IMO, you just have to weigh out what's truly important for you & your family for this vacation....and quite frankly, I believe the oceanfront suites with huge screened porches & luxurious touches, like you find at the Tuscany & Venetian, are hard to beat for the price....again, especially for a 2+ bedroom.

If having more services & amenities are important to you, then I'd also look into the other ones mentioned, like Seven Stars & the Grace Bay Club. Another suggestion is the West Bay Club -- another great luxury beachfront resort, with excellent amenities/services, offered at an great value! :)

Edited: 26 January 2012, 21:29