We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay for 2 days prior to our week long Villa Stay

Newman Lake...
Level Contributor
317 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay for 2 days prior to our week long Villa Stay

Hello everyone, just thought I would get some solid feedback from you Provo Pros. I am searching for a place for me an my wife to stay for a Thursday-Friday that is in the heart of the action, has lots of restaurants nearby and some fun dancing etc... We are renting a very exclusive villa on Saturday-Saturday no where near Grace Bay and that is our perfect week. But for the two days prior, which we will use to explore, grocery and liquor shop we want to experience the more touristy side on Grace Bay. I have looked at every resort/hotel on TA and they all seem very similar, mostly condo style, some B&Bs and others we just don't like... We are looking for either Boutique or more hotel style. No all inclusives, they turn us off... No Condo only styles with no close restaurants... Obviously a place we can stay for just a couple nights. Any and all suggestions are welcome please!!!!

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay for 2 days prior to our week long Villa Stay

Villa Del Mar or Comfort Suites????

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay for 2 days prior to our week long Villa Stay

Your best bet may be to contact Turks and Caicos Reservations. They are on island and would be able to assist in your search.

http://www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc/

Edited: 01 February 2012, 01:48
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay for 2 days prior to our week long Villa Stay

No doubt, Villa del Mar. I stayed there for the first time in November, and believe it offers the best "bang for the buck" on the island. Central location, step-up accommodations, nice amenities, and you don't have to mortgage the house to stay there. IMO, it's the perfect place for a two day "lay-over," or for a budget-friendly vacation.

www.yourvilladelmar.com

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,006 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay for 2 days prior to our week long Villa Stay

I agree with desi!! ; ) We often stay at Villa Del Mar for a night when we are coming back to Provo after staying on North or book 8 days and have the villa for only 7. It's a great spot.

You can walk to Caicos Cafe and Coco Bistro for a couple of nice dinners too.

New York City
Level Contributor
183 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay for 2 days prior to our week long Villa Stay

For hotel style try the Seven stars, or grace bay club, which are in the "center" . The Regent Palms is great but not central. Also Gansevoort is very much a hotel but further out. They all hv restaurants, spas, room service, pool service and fitness centers. From the more central locations you can walk to dinner, bakery, many bars and two ice cream shops. Of course all are on the beach.

Newman Lake...
Level Contributor
317 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to stay for 2 days prior to our week long Villa Stay

Thanks for your help gang, appreciate it. Let me specifically ask about Windsong and West Bay club??? They both are modern and have studios for a relatively reasonable rate, plus both on the beach.... Anyone know about restaurants and night life near these two?

I will be checking out Villa del Mar and Seven Stars! Comfort Suites was actually my first thought, but I think we want to be on the beach, the expectation is to be in the action, on the beach and not $600+ per night.... Thanks

7. Re: Place to stay for 2 days prior to our week long Villa Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2012, 14:26
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Place to stay for 2 days prior to our week long Villa Stay

West Bay Club & Windsong are located at the farther west side of Grace Bay Beach/Bight Reef area.

In general, I don't think these resorts would be considered located in the "middle of the action", just because of their location. Although both resorts have their own onsite restaurants (& are within walking distance to a couple other resorts with onsite restaurants), most of the "recommended" restaurants to try while in Provo, the grocery stores & shopping areas would be a car or cab ride away (although not too far away -- usually within a 5-10 minute drive).

But if you are renting a car or o.k. with taking a cab, both resorts may work fine for you.....for your 2 days of the more "touristy" side of Provo, as you say.

The West Bay Club, for example, is located right next door to the Gansevoort. You mentioned "dancing" on your original post & that you are looking for somewhere to stay on a Thursday & Friday night. Well, at the Gansevoort on Friday nights, they host a DJ Dance party from around 10pm or 10:30pm to about 2am. So, if you stay at the West Bay Club, that would be a convenient walk over to the Gansevoort to enjoy a little dancing.

Both the Windsong & West Bay Club are also very close to Bight Reef for some shoreline snorkeling, if that is something you enjoy. And as you mentioned, they are both very nice beachfront resorts with luxury-style rooms that offer some nice resort amenities, e.g. free breakfast, daily housekeeping, fitness center, complimentary equipment for non-motorized watersports, swimming pools, beach loungers/umbrellas, etc. So, for a 2 day stay, it may be perfect.

As mentioned previously, if you want to stay closer to the "hub" of Grace Bay Beach, then definitely look at places like the Villa Del Mar (luxurious accommodations & great value, not on the beach, but within a 1-2 minute walk with beach set up & service included) & Seven Stars (on the beach with all the resort amenities you may be looking for, but may be pricier for an oceanview than the WBC or Windsong).

Anyway, hope this helps!

Edited: 01 February 2012, 18:44
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Place to stay for 2 days prior to our week long Villa Stay

Oh....forgot to mention "Somewhere", the restaurant at Coral Gardens, right next door to the Windsong & not too far from the West Bay Club. I believe on Thursday nights (?), Somewhere may have some live music.....I guess something to check into.

Also, here's a website where you can find a good Provo map showing the locations of the resorts your're considering as well as restaurant & shopping locations, etc.: www.wherewhenhow.com

Also, for a Provo dining guide: www.wherewhenhow.tc

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Place to stay for 2 days prior to our week long Villa Stay

West Bay Club has more of a resort-ish atmosphere, while Windsong is more of a quaint, boutique property. Accommodations are equally very nice at both.

Villa del Mar and Seven Stars are definitely located more in the "hub."

Spending two nights, you'll only have one full day on the beach. I'd personally have a hard time spending top dollar for such a short stay. Even at $500 a night, you're looking at $1,200 w / 21% tax and gratuity for what will basically be a day at the beach.