We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Airways price jump

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
US Airways price jump

So while I'm waiting a couple of days for Nicola at the Sands to reply to our email conversation to confirm our reservation, US Airways bumps the ticket up $95!! Has anyone seen other airlines go up so much this week? Do you think it's only going to get worse, or if I wait til the first part of next week, it might come back down? Never booked with them before and thrilled to dump AA, but now their price is going to be close to AA since US charges for every checked bag each way and AA gives us one each free each way. Thoughts?

wny
Level Contributor
39 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: US Airways price jump

NYCaribQueen - Syracuse is 3 hours from here. I have driven to Richmond Va to save $700, but out son was living there, and on the return trip we packed him up and moved him back to NY. I will check for other airports, but we are between Buffalo and Erie,PA. Thank you.

Aston, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
923 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: US Airways price jump

Just booked our roundtrip from PHL to PLS in mid Oct. is $866 for the two of us nonstop. The price had jumped almost $100 from last Mon. to Tues. and it hasnt changed since but the way gas prices are going I thought $866 was fair. I have or had 2 oil refineries within five miles of where I live and one closed with no buyer a month ago and the other Sun Oil is sending 1/2 of the work force home for good Fri. and the other 1/2 soon. I dont know what effect that is going to have with oil. I'm going to try not to look at the air prices again because I flinched and booked so far ahead but its always a gamble.

Austin
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: US Airways price jump

If it makes you feel any better, we paid more than that for each of our tickets from AUS to Provo for June. That's why we don't go as often as some of the regulars on this forum :)

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
34. Re: US Airways price jump

So true Seashellmom....$866 r/t for 2 would be a DEAL from DFW, too! Hubby & I would book multiple trips if we could find a deal like that.....how can we make that happen?!?! ;)

Austin
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: US Airways price jump

I don't know Beachdreaming.....I did suggest one time on this forum that all the regulars pool our money and buy an airplane! But the east coast folks outnumber us, so I'm not sure if we'd ever get to use it :)

Downingtown...
Level Contributor
225 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: US Airways price jump

Our Friday non-stop from Philadelphia to PLS in early June just got cancelled. My husband told me there was no point in booking so early (I did it at the beginning of January), but I did anyway because the price was good. Now we're on a connecting flight through Charlotte that leaves an hour and a half earlier, and gets in an hour later. :( On the one hand, that ticket today is $300/pp more than what I paid 6 weeks ago. On the other hand, that flight had been available on the day I booked for about $20/pp less than what I paid. I emailed USAir to see if they could give us any sort of compensation for the inconvenience.

Any chance they might bring that Friday non-stop back? Hopefully they won't cancel the Saturday non-stop for the return. We've already lost 1 hour of beachtime, don't want to lose anymore :)

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
37. Re: US Airways price jump

I hear you Seashellmom....out here in the Northwest....$1620 to $1980 for 2 tickets for May....lowest I have seen is $1560....definitely makes it difficult !!

And for airlines to charge such high prices from Texas..being so much closer .. is totally criminal !!

Edited: 16 February 2012, 18:18
Aston, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
923 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: US Airways price jump

I'm sorry I complained after hearing the prices you all are paying. I guess I still got a good deal even though there was and increase from the first time I looked it up. PHL is a USAir hub so I guess that helps with the price. I pray that they continue Sat. nonstop.

Edited: 16 February 2012, 18:50
Phoenix
Level Contributor
234 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: US Airways price jump

I have lost all faith in US Airways which is rough since we live in Phoenix and this is their hub (thus most flight nonstop flight options). We bought 4 tickets to Provo in June about 2 weeks ago through a third party (Chase VISA), tickets cost $754 each and the site let us assign seats. Checked with the airline yesterday and the seat assignments are all gone, because they were booked through a third party apparently they are not honored, and the only seats available on the Charlotte-Provo leg now are individual seats all over the plane, except for 2 full rows and another half row of "choice seats". So now, we are traveling with 2 kids sitting next to strangers somewhere on the plane unless we want to pay another $208 for the choice seats to sit with our kids- this to me is ludicrous and I am so dismayed they will not assign us the choice seats to sit with our minor children unless we pay more, robbery. If I had another option at this point I would not fly US Airways and will try to never again unless this is remedied. I just have to remember the plane trip is just a small part of what I hope to be a wonderful vacation, right?!

Edited: 18 February 2012, 17:53
Austin
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: US Airways price jump

travelingagain,

I'm sorry to hear of your predicament, but wondering if you really ever had those seats? I ask because I booked US Air from Austin thru Charlotte to Provo about 2 weeks ago, directly with US Air. At that time, all the regular seats were already gone and you had to pay for choice seats or you wouldn't have a seat on the Charlotte-Provo leg of the trip. Perhaps your third party wasn't updated when you bought so that the seat assignments you thought you had were already booked by others? But hey, believe it or not, you got your tickets for less than we did, and we are already 100s of miles closer to Provo than you, which should result in a lesser priced fare but didn't. and yes, focus on the fact that you got the flight date and itinerary you wanted. Some flights for June are totally sold out on both US Air and AA. And sometimes, I wouldn't mind sitting somewhere else besides next to my kiddo!!

Edited: 18 February 2012, 19:57