We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shh! Taylor Bay

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
231 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Shh! Taylor Bay

We've been here for 3 days and today drove to Taylor Bay.

What ever you do, don't tell anyone where it is or how to get here.

My wife is 5' tall and the water hit her knees at about 300'-400' from shore and there was never more than 30 people there - and that's on a Saturday in February. What a fabulous place.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shh! Taylor Bay

It is, isn't it!

Love the days when we drive to Taylor Bay and then have a late lunch at Las Brisas!

Keep enjoying!

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,486 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shh! Taylor Bay

30 people is big. Don't think I've seen more than 15. Did you check out chalk sound and las brisas.

Enjoy Caicos cafe tonight

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,679 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shh! Taylor Bay

Every time I've been there.. we've been the only ones.....words out. Locals must hate this forum...No more directions to Taylor Bay...Send them in a circle back to Grace Bay

Boston
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shh! Taylor Bay

Can you rent a beach umbrella anywhere on Provo? I'd like to travel with my kids to Taylor Bay when we're there in June, and want to be able to give them a breather from the sun from time to time, if possible........

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shh! Taylor Bay

You can't rent umbrellas, but they are available to buy at many stores including the IGA.

If you're lucky, there are a couple of trees about half way down that provide some shade. We've always managed to stake our claim under them!

Enjoy!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
231 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shh! Taylor Bay

Actiallu we're going back to Taylor Bay toomorrow and Las Brisas for lunch - lobster salad anyone?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shh! Taylor Bay

Enjoy your lobster salad....best on the island IMO!

How was CC tonight?

Edited: 19 February 2012, 01:03
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shh! Taylor Bay

Would LOVE to take you up on that RandR.....lobster salad at Las Brisas sounds so delicious right now. :)

Unfortunately we're stuck here in this miserable Dallas weather (lots of rain today!). :(

At least it's not ice, sleet or snow....(yes, around this time last year, we had a few days of that...).

Glad to hear you enjoyed Taylor Bay!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shh! Taylor Bay

A walk along Taylor Bay Beach in the early morning is heaven!

If you have a chance try the fresh fruit smoothies at Las Brisas.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shh! Taylor Bay

Glad you are enjoying Taylor Bay. We usually see no one else there - sounds like the word is spreading. Camke - LOL great idea to send them in a circle back to their starting point!

Agree - Las Brisas has great lobster salad and great fruit smoothies (100% fresh fruit).