We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent a car for a day ... What to do?

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Rent a car for a day ... What to do?

We are in T & C right now and are thinking about renting a car for the day .... What do you suggest we do or see? By the way ... Sand gravity is pretty strong here so it is very hard to leave the beach and walk out your door snorkeling! Suggestions welcome. :)

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rent a car for a day ... What to do?

Also, plan a dinner at a "must do" restaurant not in walking distance from where you're staying, like:

Coco Bistro (closed Mondays)

Magnolia (also closed Mondays)

Caicos Cafe

Bay Bistro

Just another suggestion!

Edited: 20 February 2012, 00:07
Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rent a car for a day ... What to do?

Thanks, for the suggestions. We are staying in front of Blight Reef ... So this is why it is hard to leave, We have walk out the door snorkeling! just wondering if there are other beaches to explore ...

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rent a car for a day ... What to do?

Saskgirl,

Where are you staying? If you're not in walking distance to Bight Reef or Smith's Reef & want to do some shoreline snorkeling, you may want to check out either or both of those areas if you have a car.

Also, Taylor Bay and/or Sapodilla Bay & lunch at Las Brisas would be fun. Las Brisas also has a great lobster salad & views of Chalk Sound.

Another suggestion is to check out Da Conch Shack -- great beachside restaurant, very casual & also reasonable prices for good food.

Enjoy!

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rent a car for a day ... What to do?

Sorry -- don't know why my posts are posting out of order, lol! My #3 post should have been #1 & vice versa!

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rent a car for a day ... What to do?

The poster said they are staying right in front of Blight Reef which is probably a typo and mean Bight Reef. If that's the case I'd say they are staying at either Coral Gardens, Windsong or Reef Residences. BD the posts look to be in the correct order as they were sent at 7:03 and 7:07.

Edited: 20 February 2012, 00:13
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rent a car for a day ... What to do?

Hey Keater.....thanks....my posts are posted out of order....user error, I think (me being the "user".... ;))

Edited: 20 February 2012, 00:15
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rent a car for a day ... What to do?

I know, I think I mistakenly edited my original post with my next response then hit submit.....then hit the "back" button one too many times & re-submitted my original post again. :(

So sorry for the confusion -- this is what happens when using the iPhone app for TA, my error.

Anyway, I think Saskgirl's response about where they are staying was answering my question prior to my editing of my original post....... ?

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rent a car for a day ... What to do?

Yes sorry, type error staying in front of bight reef ... At reef residences. So wondering what other part of the island is worth checking out ... Or should we take a cab to the IGA and get back to our beach chair ASAP?

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Rent a car for a day ... What to do?

Saskgirl,

Taylor Bay & Sapodilla Bay are both beach areas on the south side of the island worth checking out IMO.

No snorkeling there but beautiful & relaxing with very calm & shallow water.

However, there's also nothing wrong with just hanging out at your beach all day either, if that's what you'd prefer..... ;)

Edited: 20 February 2012, 00:37
Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rent a car for a day ... What to do?

Ok thanks ... I think we will check it out, It is hard to pass up a great beach!