We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any provo veterans been to the Maldives?

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Topic
Any provo veterans been to the Maldives?

Those Islands look like an enchanting place to visit.

We are alreday going back to Provo again this coming winter, but maybe the year after that, Maldives if we can swing it.

Mirihi looks awesome, expensive, but awesome.

Comments from those who have been???

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any provo veterans been to the Maldives?

I know blamona has been to the Maldives, so hopefully she will see this post.

Have not been yet, however it is on my radar and one of my dream trips! Would love to go for our 10 year wedding anniversary.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any provo veterans been to the Maldives?

Yes, hopefully Blamona will see this post.

I suggest you also post your question in the Beach Destination forum. I know Beachdreams2 and luv4travelNJ (two of that forum's Destination Experts) have been to the Maldives as well as Turks and Caicos. There are other DEs on that forum that probably have also.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12289-Beach_Va…

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,962 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any provo veterans been to the Maldives?

You know it! My favorite place in the world. Actually island hopped quite a bit.

Let me look up the one you're looking at and I'll compare to the ones I've been.

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
432 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any provo veterans been to the Maldives?

we have worked on several of the Maldives islands and visited a lot of the others including Mirihi Island resort, yes it is fantastic although expensive. Flight time from the UK to the Maldives is similar to going to the Caribbean but obviously from the USA or Canada its a very long way and frankly there are other places nearer that are just as good. Snorkeling is good but you need to watch out for fast currents and a beach that can shelf off quickly so not ideal for children, but then the Maldives is more a honeymoon destination..

Grand Turk, null...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Any provo veterans been to the Maldives?

I live in Grand Turk but work in the Maldives as a seaplane pilot and fly to many of the resorts,,,,, they can range from 85 usd a night to 4000 a night. So you might want to look at what you are looking for,,,,like they all cater to different ppl and wants,,,,,lot of italian ones,,,french,,,,dive resorts,,,,But I would not go unless you have a mate,,,,is truly a couples thing. Here is a start,

http://www.mymaldives.com/travel/resorts.php

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
654 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any provo veterans been to the Maldives?

Wow, great info...thanks so much for posting.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any provo veterans been to the Maldives?

I have been to both the Maldives and Provo. We stayed at Mirihi last year. All I can say is, WOW. It was world class amazing. Definitely one of the most incredible resorts I've visited in the world, and the diving and snorkeling is mind blowing.

Are you a diver or snorkeler? If you are and want to see my underwater portfolio from Mirihi, here is the address:

www.reeftraveler.smugmug.com

I also did a detailed review of Mirihi for TA and another one here:

reeftraveler.com/2011/07/resort-spotlight-mi…

If you have specific questions, please feel free to PM me.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,711 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any provo veterans been to the Maldives?

Enjoyed viewing your pictures Thanks for posting them. Beautiful places on earth. .Not sure i could do that plane ride out that way again,but would love to go back again to see this paradise.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any provo veterans been to the Maldives?

luv4travel,

Your photos are beautiful. Thank you for posting them. The Maldives is definitely on my bucket list. The photo labeled "Sailboat in Fakarava Lagoon" reminds me of Malcolms Road Beach in Provo.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any provo veterans been to the Maldives?

Thank you camke and intheBurgh!

I haven't been to Malcoms Road Beach, but now I am curious! I will have to visit it on my next Provo trip.