We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Check-in Questions

Wellesley, Ma
Level Contributor
796 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Check-in Questions

Is there a first class check-in line for USAirways or are should we get the VIP Flyers Club special handling so we don't have to fight our way through? We've already reserved space in the lounge; just not the special handling? Can you find a baggage handler to tip to help get you through faster?

Thanks for any and all answers. Sad to think that we only have 2 more days in paradise....

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Check-in Questions

US Airways does have a first class check in, however it will not enable you to get through security any faster. I believe that is where the VIP Club comes into play. There are baggage handlers outside the airport that will wheel you up to the first class line at the US Airways check in.

Enjoy your last couple days!

maryland
Level Contributor
4,950 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Check-in Questions

Yes there is a first class line for check in.

New York
Level Contributor
718 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Check-in Questions

yes, first class and ... IntheBurgh got it right

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Check-in Questions

Here's what's always worked best for us, for what it's worth...

We like to arrive early (before the masses converge), check in early, and sit down at Gilley's restaurant (located next to check in desks) for lunch and drinks. That's when the show begins -- everyone on our same flight shows up at the same time, and some become frustrated.

After eating, and when the security line has died down a bit, we pass through in about ten minutes.

Granted, there are not many seats left inside by that time, so we roam through the shops, and wait for our flight to be called.

Yes, it can be crowded, and it can become chaotic, especially if you let it.

Edited: 21 February 2012, 17:02
Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Check-in Questions

Last year when we left on a Saturday, with 3 small kids, we got to the airport early to check in and drop our bags. Then we left and had lunch at Sharkbite.

When we came back, the security lines were almost non-existant. Now the waiting area was crowded, but with a 1-year-old, there's no time to sit down anyway, so it didn't matter to us.

This year we won't have a car, as we'll be taking a charter flight from North, so we may be doing what CaribDesi does. A good idea!

Wellesley, Ma
Level Contributor
796 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Check-in Questions

Thanks for all the replies. We'll likely use the arrive early and have lunch idea. We had lunch at Sharkbites today and then explored Northwest Park.

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
223 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Check-in Questions

Hey Peoples!

Can I get some actual times so I know what part of the day we're talking about? I understand a 4:30 flight experience is way different than a 2:00 flight! I'm on the dreaded Saturday 1:55pm flight. I do have a PLS VIP room reserved and would rather spend time there than in line!

8. Re: Airport Check-in Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 03:42
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales