We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach honeymoon dinner!

New York
Level Contributor
718 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Beach honeymoon dinner!

Friends of mine are going to Provo March 11 - 17 and I would like to have a dinner for them on the beach surrounded by tiki torches or something similar. They are staying at the West Bay Club.

Anyone with suggestions? We have been to almost every restaurant on the island and I know Anaymara which I would not mind for them but its a long drive.. cost not a problem

Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
West Bay Club
West Bay Club
1,094 Reviews
Providenciales
Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,203 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach honeymoon dinner!

I saw some tables on the beach at Bay Bistro when we ate there this week with tiki torches. I have to say though it sounds better than it looks. The breeze was very typical and it was blowing the table cloth all over and the people looked uncomfortable.

Mentioned in this post
Bay Bistro
Bay Bistro
2,603 Reviews
Providenciales
Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach honeymoon dinner!

I've also seen this at Bay Bistro, and it is a very pretty setting. However, as Joeb said, I think the reality is that it might be annoying. The outside patio at Bay Bistro is very nice as well.

Mentioned in this post
Bay Bistro
Bay Bistro
2,603 Reviews
Providenciales
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,899 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach honeymoon dinner!

My favorite spot to sit at Bay Bistro is at a table in the main restaurant area, next to the railing facing the beach. If it's windy or it sprinkles, you are all set, plus I think you get a better view because you are up a few feet from the beach vs. sitting down on the outside patio. Just our personal preference, but can definitely recommend this restaurant for a wonderful dinner, no matter where you sit.

Mentioned in this post
Bay Bistro
Bay Bistro
2,603 Reviews
Providenciales
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,899 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach honeymoon dinner!

When we stayed at the WBC last June, we saw them setting up a table/chairs/tiki torches on the beach for a romantic dinner. It looked lovely when it was done, and I can imagine that the people who dined there enjoyed themselves.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach honeymoon dinner!

Bay Bistro- as everyone said - best food and right on the ocean! G

Mentioned in this post
Bay Bistro
Bay Bistro
2,603 Reviews
Providenciales
Milford, Connecticut
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach honeymoon dinner!

My soon to be Wife and I are headed to The Alexandra in June and part of the honeymoon package is a beach dinner for two. I'm guessing you can contact Mango Reef (restaurant at Alexandra) and arrange something similar.

Mentioned in this post
Alexandra Resort
Alexandra Resort
1,914 Reviews
Providenciales
Mango Reef
Mango Reef
3,640 Reviews
Providenciales
New York
Level Contributor
718 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach honeymoon dinner!

Thank you everyone... We have seen the table at Bay Bistro which has great food. Definitely a great idea and thank you for the reminder on the wind. MuyLinda, since they are staying at WBC it might be a better option due to convenience. Since you stayed there, how was the food? Would love for them to drink a bottle of champagne and walk to their room to em, ah, let's ee, finish the honey moon?

Mentioned in this post
Bay Bistro
Bay Bistro
2,603 Reviews
Providenciales
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,899 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach honeymoon dinner!

NYBeach - we only ate at the Atlantic Bar & Grill for lunch, but the lunches we had there were very good. All cooked fresh and made to order. Hopefully someone else can chime in if they've eaten dinner there for you.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach honeymoon dinner!

NYBT -- Since they'll be at the WBC, and convenience may play a factor, another option is a beach dinner and/or a beach bonfire at the Gansevoort. I realize that the Gansevoort's previous restaurant, Bagatelle, had gotten mixed reviews. And we too had some better meals at other restaurants while in Provo. But, we did have 2 dinners at the Gansevoort when staying there.....once in-room & the other on our last night on the beach (with tiki torches, beach bonfire afterwards, etc) which was very

nice. Food wise, the beef tenderloin was excellent. I also had a spicy pasta dish on the last night which was also pretty good. So, I wouldn't say the food was bad by any means.....just compared to Coco Bistro, Caicos Cafe & Magnolia, not as good. Now, since we were there, the Gansevoort changed their restaurant over to new management, now called Stelle.....so not sure if that means it's better or not.

So just another suggestion. We especially loved enjoying the beach bonfire while relaxing on a beach bed (and roasting marshmallows on the beach that last night). You can also opt to set up a dinner table on one of their island pods at the pool area, if they prefer, then still have a beach bonfire afterwards.

PM me if you have any questions.

Mentioned in this post
Coco Bistro
Coco Bistro
5,405 Reviews
Providenciales
Caicos Cafe Bar & Grill
Caicos Cafe Bar & Grill
1,508 Reviews
Providenciales
Stelle
Stelle
459 Reviews
Providenciales
New York
Level Contributor
718 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach honeymoon dinner!

UPDATE!

MUyLinda, good call! We ended up having the dinner for them right at The West Bay Club. Our friends were ecstatic with the surprise dinner right on the beach with torches surrounding their table and music there awaiting them. They said the food from Atlantic restaurant was fantastic. When they send pics I will attach

Thanks to all for your help!

Mentioned in this post
West Bay Club
West Bay Club
1,094 Reviews
Providenciales