We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Coyoba woth it?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Is Coyoba woth it?

OK- we are 9 days away from paradise....and just re-reading reviews...

As you all know by now -we are trying Seven Stars this year (our 4th trip to T&C) - thanks Val and Yngrit

We are going back to our favs...Bay Bistro and Coco Bistro

We are trying the Beach BBQ ay Seven Stars... and have reservations for Coyoba (never been ) and Caicos Cafe (thanks to Ziggy- trying it again. Just wondering is Coyoba is woth it? mixed reviews as of late--we will be with our daughter - she loves Bay Bistro and Coco Bistro....should we try Graces Cottage or Anacona?

xoxoxo love you all! Gigi

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,646 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Coyoba woth it?

Love you too.

If you'll enjoy Caicos Cafe I will take the credit. If not keep in mind that Joe and Ajax among others were there more recently and LOVED it. So blame them ;)

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,902 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Coyoba woth it?

Coyaba is worth going to. We went one time and were glad we did. It was the most expensive dinner we have had on Provo by far, and was not the best dinner we have had, but still worth going.

And feel free to blame me and Ajax and a whole pile of other people that have enjoyed Caicos Cafe. The seafood stew is da bomb if it is still on the menu.

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Coyoba woth it?

Coyaba is the best restaurant in Grace Bay, IMO. It is the one place I try to go every trip, sometimes more than once. I am not sure why Anacaona gets a bad rap on this board, but I think it is the nicest setting and the food is excellent also. Prices are high at both. Anacaona only accepts kids above 12 or so I believe. Not sure how old your daughter is. Have eaten at Grace's Cottage several times. Pretty setting. Weird menu. Too many offerings and nothing outstanding. We stopped going after 3 or 4 tries.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Coyoba woth it?

Oh my....is Coyoba outside?

Wolcott, Connecticut
Level Contributor
721 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Coyoba woth it?

We went to Coyoba last week. It was our most expensive meal but it was very good. My daughter had thepot du chocolate with gold leaf $22 for dessert, she just wanted to eat the gold ;)

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,902 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Coyoba woth it?

It is inside/outside like most restaurants on Provo.

And you had better learn to spell it before the cops get you. ;)

Ronkonkoma, New York
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Coyoba woth it?

Just goes to show you different tastes for different people. I can't say we dis-liked it, just don't think it's worth the $$$$. Have gone over the years many times starting in coral gardens.

We are looking forward to trying caicos cafe with the new owners because we tried it in the past about 4 diffferent occasions and never liked it!

With all that said, we never right off a restaurant for a bad meal 1 time.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Coyoba woth it?

me spell anythin wright! ho!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,164 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Coyoba woth it?

Paul Newman the chef just won the Canadian Iron Chef cooking last summer.

It's my husband's favorite

I'm the world's worst speller, add an iPad and who knows what I write!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Coyoba woth it?

When Coyaba was down at Coral Gardens/White House a few years back,i had probably the nicest dinner there i have ever had. We just missed Jimmy Buffett leaving as we arrived that night. I still remember the palate cleanser sherbet to this day.

I suspect, as the chef is the same, its still fantastic.