We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving from airport to sands at night ?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
driving from airport to sands at night ?

Hi , we are arriving provo around 800pm. we have driven on left before (in cayman). just a little nervous about arrving when it's dark and trying to navigate the unfamiliar. How difficult the drive from the airport to the Sands at night? would it be much easier to do a taxi (there are 4 of us ) or pickup the car upon arrival?

West Coast
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: driving from airport to sands at night ?

If you haven't been to Provo before, I would take a cab and save yourself a lot of stress. Then rent a car when you are settled in. Grace Bay Rentals is just down the road from the Sands.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: driving from airport to sands at night ?

I don't think it will be much of an issue for you. Leeward Highway is well lit, Follow it all the way until you see Seven Stars (also well lit and the tallest buildings on the island with distinctive blue roofs) in the distance to your left , take a left at the roundabout that goes down to them. The sign will say Grace Bay. At the end of that short road is another roundabout right in front of Seven Stars. Take a left and follow that to the next roundabout. The Sands is located right on that roundabout.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: driving from airport to sands at night ?

Yes, I agree with the first poster....if you want a stress free arrival it's much easier to take a taxi, then rent a car later. Grace Bay Car Rental will deliver a car to where you are staying. It's much easier to get used to driving those roads during the daylight hours.

Just my opinion. Have a wonderful time!

PA
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: driving from airport to sands at night ?

Thank you all. ..we have been to provo before, but about 10 years ago, so I'm sure things have changed a bit.

Cannot even remember the ride to from the airport, but at that time, the Sands offered transfers. I think I will let my husband make the final decision on this one ..

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: driving from airport to sands at night ?

Pretty simple driving for us, but we know our way around. If you're nervous about driving at night, take a cab -- it's gonna run you around $55-60 for four.

Edited: 12 March 2012, 22:34
6. Re: driving from airport to sands at night ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:17