We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Sydney, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Beaches mar 22

HI Guys - Just a couple easy questions for those that can answer, it would be much appreciated.

I'm staying in the Carribean Village from March 22-29

1) I understand the Carribean pools are pretty laid back. Will it be difficult to find a spot/chairs at the Italian Village pool?

2) How long in advance do I have to book a la cartes? Are there any difficulty with these?

3) As far as computer access, I was thinking of bringing a laptop or ipad only, or both. Can I get by in my room with just ipad (ie no ethernet connection) . IS wifi good enough?

4) How is AC in restaurants, etc? As far as evening wear, just wanna be comfortable, lugging kids around. Are they all well cooled?

Thanks in advance !

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches mar 22

I am travelling to Beaches June 3-10: great questions, I will be following the responses :)

Wondering if it is possible to make reservations for restaurants before we arrive, along with reserving water sport activities. We would also like to book the photographer for a family session. Would like to book as much up front so we can simply RELAX when we arrive.

What restaurants are musts for breakfast and dinner? It will be difficult for my 4 year old not to want pizza all week, however my husband and I would prefer not to be eating pizza all week. Would Sapodillas have kids items as well? Will non-italian restaurants take special requests such as this?

CB-Travel- apologies, do not mean to take over your post!!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches mar 22

We just returned this past weekend and also stayed in Caribbean Village. here are answers to your questions in same order as above:

1) Italian Village is very busy. many more rooms in that end so many more people. To get a chair, my advice is to get up at 6:30am and send somebody over to leave towels and shoes on chairs you want. That is what did each morning for good beach chair location.

2) The only restaurant you need to reserve is Kimono's (Japanese). Do this IMMEDIATELY when you arrive. We arrived on a Sunday, went to do the booking Tuesday and all we could get was Saturday. This restaurant is a MUST!

3) You will see all over the complex these brown boxes standing on brown posts with slated sides. These are all routers and all very well placed. You should be OK with your wireless.

4) many of the restaurants are open-air and with the breeze and fans, I had no problem and I am one who gets hot easily and fast. For those that were completely closed in, These were good too.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any other questions.

Sydney, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches mar 22

HI LPT - I was wondering the same re: calling ahead. I may try via email to book a night at Kimono's.

I will let you know how that goes!

Sydney, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches mar 22

James - many thanks, that is very helpful. I think I will leave the laptop at home and bring ipad.

Thanks again!

Sydney, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches mar 22

Oh, just curious...what % of time did you spend at the Italian village vs carribean, etc.

I have a 5 and 2.5 year old so probably will be between these 2 and the waterpark & beach.

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
386 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches mar 22

The pools in the CV are deeper (like 5ft deep in many spots.). With a 5 and a 2.5 year old, I'd suggest you head over to the French Village pool. The Italian Village pool will be ok for little ones, too, but as has been mentioned it's usually more crowded. The pool right by Bobby Dees is good for little ones too.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
139 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches mar 22

Hi...Our family of five went to Beaches five years ago and have been looking forward to our trip back there (July 24 - August 1) since leaving that amazing paradise! You will love it! We stayed in the Caribbean Village and it was just fine (Main Building) room was spacious enough for the five of us and we barely were in it anyway! the beach is just too gorgeous to stay away from! We didn't worry about reserving lounge chairs at the beach...no towel game for us. We walked, snorkeled, took the snorkely boat, ate way too much, did as many water sports as we could and enjoyed every moment. Each day went by way too fast! We also loved the swim-up bar at Arizona pool for drinks when parched from all that time spent in beautiful Grace Bay.

We loved Reflections breakfast buffet, Kimonos, Schooners, and pizza for a quick afternoon snack. Italian Village was not open yet, so not sure about those new restaurants. Sapodilla's is an adults-only restaurant, so no kids menu...definitely try to eat there. Our kids went to the Kids club that night while my husband and I ate dinner alone at Sapodilla's. By far the best restaurant we ate at while at Beaches. Delicious and worth it if you can get away for the night/dinner. By the way, our kids had a great time while at the kid's club that night and entered a dance contest and other fun activities. They were excited about the little prizes they won!

From what I have read on here, the new restaurants in the Italian Village are a hit, we will be trying them as we are staying in Venetian Family Suite in IV on our next visit in July. I hope you love it as much as we did!

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
652 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches mar 22

As soon as you get your room number, I would book a reservation for Kimonos. From my understanding, you cannot book prior to being at the resort.

Have a great time!!!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches mar 22

Wed did not spend any time at the IV pool other than walking around. My boys are 15 and 17 and they wanted the beach and then the CV pool at the end of the day. That being said, I did see many young kids, like yours, swimming in the CV pool with their floaties on and it seemed much more quiet / less congested for them relative to the IV pool.

The Villages...
Level Contributor
941 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beaches mar 22

CV and FV pools are much less crowded than the IV pool. But, for the little ones, they will love the kiddy pool by Bobby D's.

Don't miss Mario's in the IV for breakfast. Our favorite.

Try the brick oven pizza for lunch.

Le Petit Chateau was great for dinner.

Schooners for seafood.

Make reservations for Kimono's, kids will love the fun, food so-so IMO.

Use the kids club one night and go to Sapodilla's for dinner (adult only.)

You will have a great time!!