We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Music & Restaurant Recommendations

Texas
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Live Music & Restaurant Recommendations

On our first trip to TCI, we didn't really go out in the evenings so we missed out on the nice restaurants for dinner and live music scene. We'll be returning for our 2nd trip soon and would like a different experience. Can anyone give us suggestions for somewhere we can hang out and listen to live music? Also, we would like suggestions for a nice dinner, preferably with outdoor seating & nice surroundings. If there is a combo of live music & restaurant, we'd be open to that too.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Live Music & Restaurant Recommendations

We truly enjoyed seeing NaDa perform while having dinner at Mango Reef. At the time we were there, their performance schedule was Tuesdays & Fridays @ Mango Reef/Alexandra & Thursdays & Saturdays @ the Deck/Seven Stars. Both locations are beachfront.....so definitely adds to the ambiance IMO.

We hope to see them again on our return visit in June!

Other "must do" restaurants for us (although not sure if they offer live music on some nights): Bay Bistro @ Sibonne (beachfront), Coco Bistro (not beachfront, but excellent atmosphere), Magnolia (overlooking Turtle Cove) & Caicos Cafe (again, not beachfront but can't miss!)......

Edited: 01 April 2012, 18:34
Ottawa
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live Music & Restaurant Recommendations

Do you know what time NaDa plays on Tues/Fri. at the Mango Reef? On the restaurant website it says 5:45 pm but then I've heard they play later?

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Live Music & Restaurant Recommendations

Our reservation @ Mango Reef last November was around 6:30pm & we stayed til about 8:30pm.....we wanted to stay later, but the kids were ready to call it a night! ;)

NaDa was still playing when we were leaving.

Here's a link to a website that shows their schedule thru May.....but Mango Reef may have a more updated schedule:

wherewhenhow.com/turks-caicos-islands/…

BTW, it looks like this schedule also includes info on some other live music venues you may want to look into as well....

Edited: 01 April 2012, 20:45
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Live Music & Restaurant Recommendations

Forgot to mention, when we arrived at Mango Reef @ 6:30pm, NaDa had already started performing.....so they probably do start their show earlier than what's showing on the link I posted.

Hope this helps!

Austin
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live Music & Restaurant Recommendations

Everyone mentions NaDa when asked about music on Provo, but I don't remember reading a description of the kind of music they play. Can anyone give me an idea?

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Live Music & Restaurant Recommendations

I would probably describe it as contemporary pop music. If you go on YouTube, type in "NaDa Turks and Caicos" in their search box, and a few videos should pull up that others have posted. They're a really good musical duo & great entertainment while having dinner on the beach. :)

Mashpee, MA
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live Music & Restaurant Recommendations

My husband and I enjoyed the Island Boys who performed at da Conch Shack. They played comtempory music with an island flare. You could dance along also. Las Brisas at Neptune Villas on Chalk Sound had an acoustic guitar player named Justice who performed there in the bar/pool area on Friday night. I think he might also perform at other places. He was very good.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Live Music & Restaurant Recommendations

Justice Howell is the Just half of the duo JustSpliff. Spliff is Captain Shaun Dean of Island Vibes Tours fame. They play at Somewhere on Thursday nights.

9. Re: Live Music & Restaurant Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 02:15