We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking the beach at night?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Darling's Isle
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Walking the beach at night?

Hi all! We are staying at the Comfort suites next Thursday for a week and would like to take in some beach night life. We have rented a car, but would like to walk the beach and have read through this great forum about Nada @ Mango Reef Tuesdays and Fridays. Is it safe to walk the beach at night? It doesn't look far on google earth? Any other spots to consider?

We appreciate any help.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking the beach at night?

That is a pretty long walk. If I were going to do it, I would probably walk down Grace Bay Rd to The Sands and start from Hemingways. Still a good hike. Is it safe? Ask yourself this question...would you do it at home?

This would be the walk from The Sands to Alexandra

wikimapia.org/…b

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,842 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking the beach at night?

Nada plays Thursday and Saturday nights right across the street from Comfort Suites at The Deck at Severn Stars, so go see them there instead of taking a hike.

Darling's Isle
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking the beach at night?

Mucho thanks joebwan!

I think Google earth is confused as to where The Alexandra is, oposed to Comfort suites. Thanks though!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking the beach at night?

Good call choosing The Deck location over Mango Reef.

After dinner, we enjoy walking out to our resort's beachfront at night to see the stars. However, the thought of long walks on any beach at night kind of creeps me out. It's dark, you're totally isolated, and no one can hear you, should you need help. <JMO>

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking the beach at night?

Provobum...after looking at your Google Earth link...there 'seems' to be a path or walkway between the Sands and Sibonne. Does anyone know that's really there or not? Wondering if it would be more convenient than driving our car over to BB for dinner.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,842 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking the beach at night?

sherilynn, just walk on the beach. It's not far at all, and I would rather do that than take some path through the bush.

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking the beach at night?

Sherilynn

It's literally a few minutes from the edge of the Sands property along the beach to the steps at Bay Bistro....take the beach no worries.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking the beach at night?

Thanks guys!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Walking the beach at night?

Sands to Sibonne is definitely not what I meant by "long walks on the beach."

10. Re: Walking the beach at night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 22:41