We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Hills eateries

Illinois
Level Contributor
76 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Hills eateries

Which one is the best and why? Horse Eye Jacks? Da Conch Shack? Three Queens? None of the above? Looking for good conch fritters or fingers and spicy jerk cooking. Good mac 'n' cheese maybe, too. :c) I'll probably have time to stop at only one, so want to make it a good lunch!

Mentioned in this post
da Conch Shack
da Conch Shack
3,412 Reviews
Providenciales
Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,203 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Hills eateries

Sailing Paradise. I have not been yet, but the reviews are very good, it's not uber touristy like Da Conch Shack, it's on the water, and the buildings look really cool.

Mentioned in this post
da Conch Shack
da Conch Shack
3,412 Reviews
Providenciales
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Hills eateries

Yes, Sailing Paradise is on our radar too for June.....although we do like the "über-touristy" Da Conch Shack, too! ;)))

Mentioned in this post
da Conch Shack
da Conch Shack
3,412 Reviews
Providenciales
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
557 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Hills eateries

I agree with Joe. Sailing Paradise would be a great choice for a casual meal. The food is very good(especially the jerk chicken) and it has a nice local feel to it.

Then you can stop into Da Conch Shack on the way back and have a quick uber touristy rum punch. I hate to admit that I like them :-)

Edited: 06 May 2012, 04:04
Mentioned in this post
da Conch Shack
da Conch Shack
3,412 Reviews
Providenciales
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Hills eateries

Yeah, for a "taste of Blue Hills," go to Sailing Paradise.

For a Blue Hills experience, go to Three Queen.

For a Blue Hills tourist experience, go to Da Conch Shack.

For an opportunity to try Caribbean food, along with more "Americanized" menu items, go to Horse-eye Jack's. However, they're now under new ownership, and I haven't heard an update.

Enjoy, and don't expect a touristy resort scene -- far from it. :-)

Edited: 06 May 2012, 05:31
Mentioned in this post
da Conch Shack
da Conch Shack
3,412 Reviews
Providenciales
Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
418 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Hills eateries

Desi, I'm trying to distinguish the difference between "taste of Blue Hills" and a "Blue Hills experience".

I also have Sailing Paradise on my list for July, but how is Three Queen different? Should I put both on my list?

Waynesboro, Virginia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Hills eateries

It sounds like Sailing Paradise is the choice. Is it open every day?

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,619 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Hills eateries

I believe so. They are open even for breakfast.

You can also make arrangements with them to pick you up from your GB resort.

I would go there for lunch and then perhaps the conch shack for rum pie with ice cream on your way back. And if anyone has had a better jerk chicken than SP please share.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,359 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Hills eateries

For this true Blue Hills experience please folks do not get your expectations up too high. Best bet is to look at your surroundings thru rum coloured glasses. You are visiting a seascape of breathtaking beauty but it has not manicured for your enjoyment. 

And the GOOD: Something about relaxing in the sand under a bright sky with clean air and aquamarine sea stretching on forever... the food, the music, the pastel painted huts, the rum and cold beer, the laughing gulls and pelicans swooping by... Sailing Paradise is the only place I have frequented enough lately to offer an opinion. They will do a Caribbean platter to allow you to sample a bit of everything. Try the Akee and Saltfish, my new favourite. They also have a special soup each day. Curry goat, jerk chicken, curry pork, conch fritters and a #1 melt in your mouth Cracked Conch, did I say fresh fish... Try the green plantain thing, all too good to miss. Open everyday for B, L and D. Call them for a free shuttle.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,203 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Hills eateries

Adding to WWH's "rum colored glasses" comment, you will likely see stray dogs, unkempt homes, garbage, and who knows what else in Blue Hills. I don't want anybody feeling that they were not informed. Stay away if any of this bothers you to the point of ruining your day.

Personally I plan to eat at Sailing Paradise and get take out from Three Queens this trip. And I like Da Conch Shack too.

: )

Mentioned in this post
da Conch Shack
da Conch Shack
3,412 Reviews
Providenciales
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue Hills eateries

By "Blue Hills experience," I meant it's the oldest bar / restaurant on the island, very popular with the locals. On Sat. and Sun., you'll always see (and especially hear) the local men playing dominos.

The owner / bartender, Dick, is the third generation in his family to run the place. Ms. Martha in the kitchen has probably cooked for just about every Belonger on the island at one time or another, according to Shaun Dean w/ Island Vibes.

Dick enjoys having tourists drop in. He and I spoke at length when I was there last August. Great guy.

Agree with WWH, Blue Hills is about as far from the sterile resort scene as you can get on Provo. It's the real deal. I once recommended it to friends of ours, and they were afraid to get out of the car. Their loss.

Hopefully we'll hit all the restaurants there next month. Not sure about Horse-eye Jacks yet, but we'll see.

Mentioned in this post
Island Vibes Tours
Island Vibes Tours
1,904 Reviews
Providenciales