We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Provo in mid august

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
29 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Provo in mid august

headed to provo in mid august for a week-long vacation. Has anyone been to Turks and Caicos in August? I know that August is hurricane season and I have some concerns about weather

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Provo in mid august

Hurricanes can happen for many months either side of August, however Provo is not a normal target like the Cayman Islands.. During August the weather is very hot and the water is beautiful and warm.. Aug & Sept are the months we love it there the most.. By November I start to notice the water getting colder and as each year passes my tolerance for cold water diminishes..

Wilson, North...
Level Contributor
62 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Provo in mid august

I am going August 18th...have been worried about hurricanes as well, but we are going to insure our trip to give us peace of mind. We have traveled to the Caribbean two other times during this same time frame (once to St Lucia and once to the Dominican Republic). A tropical storm passed through St Lucia - all we had was half a day of rain. A hurricane hit the DR the day we were supposed to arrive, so we left a day late...all in all, both vacations were great. Just a risk you take when traveling during that season...get the insurance and have a back-up plan just in case!

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Provo in mid august

August is a great time to go. It's really hot, but really no worse than our hottest August days here in Boston. Better than here because you have that beautiful water to cool off in. Just make sure you buy insurance.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
597 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Provo in mid august

Going August 1st cannot wait....

5. Re: Provo in mid august

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 03:17