We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches T&C vs. Club Med Yucantan??

New Haven...
Level Contributor
329 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches T&C vs. Club Med Yucantan??

Planning on one or the other with my family of 5.... three sons aged 11,15,17. Any ideas? In Aug for 5 nights

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches T&C vs. Club Med Yucantan??

Are your children allowed at the Club Med? It is adults only at Club Med T & C.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,465 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches T&C vs. Club Med Yucantan??

He said in T&C it's Beaches Resort! ;-)

Beaches is much nicer than Club Med.

grace Bay is far superior as a beach

Beaches is way more expensive! But you get what you pay for

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches T&C vs. Club Med Yucantan??

I know B I was just wondering if all CMs are the same rules.

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,532 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches T&C vs. Club Med Yucantan??

Club med in mexico does allow children. I agree,grace bay is way nicer.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,374 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches T&C vs. Club Med Yucantan??

Twittym is asking about the Club Med in Cancun, which is a Family village.

I haven't been to the Cancun Club Med since it was converted to a Family village, but I have been to other Club Med family villages. I have not been to the Beaches T&C, although I've been to the Club Med there many times. So, with that in mind....

My impression is that most kids will have fun at either resort. I think that the older the kids, the more I would lean toward Club Med for what I think would be better sports activities. Your 11 year old would probably be fine at either, but I suspect the 15 and 17 year olds would have more fun at Club Med. As a parent, I think I would lean toward Club Med because of the higher emphasis on sports and activities and not the having a lot of electronic entertainment.

From the "educational" perspective, Cancun does offer some excursions to famous Mayan Ruins and other cultural places that are not available in T&C

While Beaches does have the great Grace Bay, Beaches on on probably the most crowded part of GB while the Club Med in Cancun has probably the very best location in Cancun, with snorkeling and sailing along with the main sandy beach.

Edited: 01 June 2012, 00:19
Mt. Airy, MD
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches T&C vs. Club Med Yucantan??

We are a family of four...kids are currently 17 and 19. We have done both Club Med Yucatan and Beaches T&C. We much prefer Beaches T&C...going there this summer for our third time...did CM Yucatan 3 years ago...have opted for BTC since then. We have never revisited a resort before BTC.

We are all about the beach and Grace Bay...far superior to Cancun. Yes, the beach in front of the Italian Village is very crowded, but we opt for the far west end in front of the Caribbean Village, where it is much quieter. (Beach at CM in Cancun is crowded too.) It is also a short walk to a good snorkeling area by the CV.

The food at Beaches is much better too, and so many more options. Something available at all hours for hungry teens! (One night at CM, we had to search for a burger at 10:30PM for my hungry son...it was an effort.) CM is a very active resort, but we found the CM staff to be more 'intrusive'..I know, I know, that is how they get people involved, but that is not 'our thing'. There is no shortage of things to do at Beaches...beach volleyball, water sports, water park, xbox garage, pool tables, ping pong, etc.

Club Med Yucatan does have the trapeze, which is very cool. I remember their shows to be better too. We generally bypass the shows at BTC...we go to dinner later, then sometimes to Cricketers for a soccer game on tv or to play pool, ping pong, etc.

Beaches T&C is a much larger resort overall...3 villages, 16 restaurant options, much more family oriented.

Just our experience...hope it helps!

7. Re: Beaches T&C vs. Club Med Yucantan??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 19:42