We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Since Beaches cancelled us this past Sunday, we are headed..

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbia
Level Contributor
28 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Since Beaches cancelled us this past Sunday, we are headed..

Since Beaches cancelled us this past Sunday and then gave us the run around with reimbursement, we are now headed to Sandals in Antigua this August. Beaches T&C was more expensive in August (this late in the game) and they would not adjust the difference for us. Have any of you been to their property in Antigue? I (now)have never been to T&C .... So I really won't know the difference (sadly)... But I would like to know if any of you have been to both... and could compare. Still very disappointed in the way this was handled.

Thanks in advance.

Rancho Palos...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Since Beaches cancelled us this past Sunday, we are headed..

That is awful that they would not adjust the difference! That is something they should do!!! Oh well, I hear all the Beaches properties are nice but am curious too. Have fun!!!!!!! :-)

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,760 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Since Beaches cancelled us this past Sunday, we are headed..

Why not go back to Beaches TCI in August? If the same price, just a swap of dates. If not, have them re adjust the difference.

Or, I suggest a full refund and then YOU decide where you want to go and start from scratch.

From all these Beaches post's, I think that is the best option.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Since Beaches cancelled us this past Sunday, we are headed..

IMHO Beaches dropped the ball (no pun intended) on this one. Refund everyone's $$$$ down to the last .001 and let people move on. The good will they would create would pay them back in spades over time. Just very short sighted for company of that size.

Columbia
Level Contributor
28 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Since Beaches cancelled us this past Sunday, we are headed..

Turks is a $1000 more in August.... for the same amount of nights, and a downgraded room than what we had booked for right now; Beaches was not willing to adjust the difference. So Antigua it is. BUT, since Antigua is cheaper... We actually are tacking on 2 more nights for the price we were paying for Beaches T&C. But honestly, I still rather be in Provo right now, With a drink in one hand and hand sanitizer in the other.

Anyone been to Sandals Antigua?

Peachland, Canada
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Since Beaches cancelled us this past Sunday, we are headed..

I haven't been but I have been told it is a nice property and fully renovated.. that is from my trusted TA.

Just to throw this out there.. .apparently the Sandals in the Bahamas is the jewel in the crown... again haven't been but again this info comes from a trusted source. Enjoy !!

London,Ont...
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Since Beaches cancelled us this past Sunday, we are headed..

I can 1/2 answer the question.

I've never stayed at a Beaches. (diff values in a vacation)

We have been to Antigua a bunch of years ago, enjoyed the trip very much...

But in my opinion, Antigua vs Provo...

Provo is 10x the island/beach.

But I must add, I know so many people that go to Beaches (T&C) and never leave the Beaches property and they just love it. I don't know whats inside the compound, but do know whats outside. There is so much more to Provo than what is locked behind the gates of Beaches.

What I'm getting at is, if you go to Beaches and don't leave the property, I'd suspect a very similar experience at either destination.

Columbia
Level Contributor
28 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Since Beaches cancelled us this past Sunday, we are headed..

Thank you. Yes, I had planned to go to Middle Turks via the ferry, and then rent a car on one of the days we would have been there (like tomorrow! :-(. I was really looking forward to discovering the secluded beaches of Turks. I also wanted to see Chalk Sound. Maybe one day...... Ugh.

Asheville, NC
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Since Beaches cancelled us this past Sunday, we are headed..

We went to the Sandals in Antigua and it is BEAUTIFUL! The beach is probably the best I have ever seen, our room was very nice. I have been to several of the Sandals resorts and this was one of my favorites. I have never been to a Beaches resort. You will really enjoy it. I am sorry your trip got cancelled but I don't think you will be dissappointed.

Amsterdam, New York
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Since Beaches cancelled us this past Sunday, we are headed..

That is ridiculous - Antigua and Provo are not comparable islands...at all. I seriously can't believe they wouldn't cover the difference. They obviously don't give a sh@t about their guests. It's crazy enough they won't give full refunds, but to deny a guest, that is suffering a huge inconvenience through no fault of their own, such a small sum of money to reschedule to August (the height of hurricane season when everbody elses rates are half price) really speaks worlds. BUT, people will continue to go there, so it's really the consumers that are saying its okay and they're going to continue to spend their money there no matter how egregiously they handle the situation.

Agree 100% with 2TheC about having similar experiences if you don't leave the property.

One bright note - if you were planning a day trip to Middle from Provo, you should DEFINITELY go to Barbuda from Antigua. You'll find your slice of beach/water heaven and small island charm there, stiff competition even when compared to T&C. Check it out...might give you some consolation.

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Since Beaches cancelled us this past Sunday, we are headed..

Well Said NY.

I had a similar post, but the site keeps crashing on me.

I concur 100%

Kim