We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PLEASE HELP! Weather - June 16th-23rd

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
PLEASE HELP! Weather - June 16th-23rd

Hi everyone!

I know a lot of people ask about the weather, and I wouldn't normally worry too much (I was in Jamaica during hurricane season before...); however, my family and I were really craving a sun vacation... and the weather channel is calling for a 60% of showers with thunderstorms ALL week....

Can someone please tell me if these last all day? Or if they're sporadic, so that we'll at least get SOME sun throughout the day?

Any advice is much appreciated, as we can last minute switch to another Club Med tonight if need be...

Thank you so much!

Alabama
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: PLEASE HELP! Weather - June 16th-23rd

Typically there's nothing to worry about at all. If there is a rain shower, it may last 10 minutes, at most. The forecast always calls for a 60% chance of rain. Enjoy your trip and have fun!

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,305 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: PLEASE HELP! Weather - June 16th-23rd

AACCKK! Oops did it again. :)

Ignore the forecast.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
521 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PLEASE HELP! Weather - June 16th-23rd

Please don't worry about the weather. Forecast called for thunderstorms almost every day during our stay and the only rain we saw was once, late a night and it lasted all of five minutes.

Enjoy your vacation!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PLEASE HELP! Weather - June 16th-23rd

cancel. thats what i would do. save yourself a lot of heartache.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PLEASE HELP! Weather - June 16th-23rd

Trying to keep the island to yourself again, eh Scubadave?

Ignore the the forecast. You will have 2 or 3 days when you have 20 minutes of rain and the rest of the time it will be sunny and hot. Matter of fact, you will probably be wishing for more rain to cool you off! If/When it does rain, go jump in the water and you won't even notice (unless there is lightening around, of course).

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PLEASE HELP! Weather - June 16th-23rd

Been here all week and the weather has said thunderstorms/showers for every single day with a 30-60% chance

Guess what... We've has hot hot sun every single day! Think it "showered" on Sunday for literally 5 mins. And possibly Monday late in the night

This island is amazing... Don't miss out

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
590 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PLEASE HELP! Weather - June 16th-23rd

I think June/July have the lowest rainfall compared to other months. Have a great time!

Knoxville TN
Level Contributor
339 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PLEASE HELP! Weather - June 16th-23rd

the standard weather forecast for the entire Caribbean/s. Atlantic region is always 30-60% rain. Unless there is a hurricane system coming, those guys on the national weather companies couldn't care less about really fine tuning the computer model's weather forecast for the Caribbean in the same way your local weather guy does for you back home for your local region.

If you do extended research, you'll find that June-August typically have low rainfall amounts with majority of the rains coming in in short bursts in late afternoons.

Edited: 18 June 2012, 15:02
9. Re: PLEASE HELP! Weather - June 16th-23rd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 12:16