We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
New York
Level Contributor
233 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Does it pay for VIP lounge (airport) traveling with a heat-

Hi all,

We will be flying home from Turks the Tuesday after July 4th holiday. We will be travelling with our 2 small kids, one is very-heat sensitive & gets very agitated if he is in the direct sun with high heat. I remeber when we flew home from there (12 years ago) we had to wait in a security line that ran outside the airport with no shade. Is it still like this? I'm just worried about my son having a meltdown. I was hoping it might not be that bad on a tuesday, but it is after the 4th of July, so I don't know what to do. I don't even know what this VIP airport longue costs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Marina

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,035 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does it pay for VIP lounge (airport) traveling with a heat-

There is shade now over where the security line goes, and I would not worry about it on a Tuesday, even just after July 4th.

NJ
Level Contributor
70 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does it pay for VIP lounge (airport) traveling with a heat-

That would also be a slower time of year on TCI, should be no problem with lines. It is also air conditioned inside.

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does it pay for VIP lounge (airport) traveling with a heat-

When we deaprted on our last trip last month, security officers were pulling folks with young children out of line and allowing them to go directly to the front of the line, Also, as others have said, you are visiting at a slower time and lines really shouldn't be an issue.

The Villages...
Level Contributor
941 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does it pay for VIP lounge (airport) traveling with a heat-

You should be fine on a Tuesday in July. No worries.

We used the VIP lounge at the end of this past May, on a Sunday. The airport was absolutely packed then. The seats cost $40 each without the fast track service. We used the fast track and it cost us $200 for the first person and $50 for the second (and any additional) person. To us it was so worth it.

Have a great vacation.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Does it pay for VIP lounge (airport) traveling with a heat-

For what it's worth, we flew home from Provo yesterday. Although the security line was out the door, it took us 25 minutes to checked in, clear security, and be seated in the air-conditioned terminal. This was a Saturday.

Don't know if your child has specific health concerns, but that was our experience.

Edited: 17 June 2012, 21:13
Alexandria, Virginia
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Does it pay for VIP lounge (airport) traveling with a heat-

We returned on Friday, June 15th. Waited to check-in with Delta for about five minutes; waited to get through security for about another five minutes. Lots of places to sit and the waiting area was air conditioned and also cooled with large fans. Our flight departed T&C at 1:50pm. Last year, we left the T&C in April and it was very different -- long lines and packed in the waiting area. I think the airport is much busier on the weekends, but it is "off season" so it should be fine. Small area to get drinks or a bite to eat. We didn't get anything from there ... looked a bit questionable. The airlines recommend to get to airport three hours before departure, but that's not necessary.

The Villages...
Level Contributor
941 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does it pay for VIP lounge (airport) traveling with a heat-

If you just want to check out what is offered and the cost, here's the link.

vipflyersclub.com/turks-caicos-aiport-lounge…

As long as it's not full, you can always make the decision when you get there. Just knock on the door of the lounge and ask if there are any seats left. But, I can't imagine you will need it on a Tuesday in July. You should be fine in the regular terminal room.

8. Re: Does it pay for VIP lounge (airport) traveling with a heat-

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2012, 16:20
9. Re: Does it pay for VIP lounge (airport) traveling with a heat-

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 06:15