We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WiFi, high speed connection reliability

Clearwater
Level Contributor
260 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
WiFi, high speed connection reliability

We are going in November, unfortunately my husband has to remote work while we are there. Any ideas how stable the connections are & how fast they are. Now for me on the other hand, I would love to know how the local grocery's wine selections are? We are staying at Point Grace for 3 days and Callalo cottage for a week. Thank you.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,241 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WiFi, high speed connection reliability

Unless the room already comes with a router I would just bring my own which is what I used to do and not rely on the resort. If you recently upgraded your home to an N-router for example, you can just bring the old G-router with you (dont forget the password)

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: WiFi, high speed connection reliability

Curiosity Ziggy...what are you connecting that router to? I can't say I've seen an ethernet jack in any room I've ever been in. Or are you using it as a repeater?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: WiFi, high speed connection reliability

While I have no idea what Ziggy and Provobum are talking about since I'm not a tekkie, I can however answer the wine part of your question!

We'll leave that other stuff for the boys to answer!

The Wine Cellar and both IGA's have a great selection of wines. Shop around between them as they'll all have sales going on. You can buy a decent bottle of either red/ white wine for $15.00-$18.00, about the same as we pay here in Canada. Also, they all offer 10% off if you buy a case.

Enjoy! Callalo is on my list of places to stay in the future!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: WiFi, high speed connection reliability

The West Bay Club has full wireless in every unit..secure if you need it and no extra charge.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: WiFi, high speed connection reliability

The West Bay Club has free wireless internet in every suite..secured if you need it!

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WiFi, high speed connection reliability

Point Grace has full wifi in every room, it is fast and efficient and free.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,241 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: WiFi, high speed connection reliability

Bum, I'm talking about Ethernet jacks. I may be wrong to assume this but in this day and age it seems fairly standard to me.

At the seven stars the hotel phones are connected to ethernet jacks, I think. I'm pretty sure I had to disconnect a phone in order to connect the router. Now they have a router in every room so I don't need to bring mine.

Clearwater
Level Contributor
260 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: WiFi, high speed connection reliability

Boys and Girls thank you all for your huge help. Point of Grace is where we are staying and that is great to know. Hope it stays up, as on many islands I have found it can go down for yours or days. Crossing my fingers. YES ON THE WINE, that too is what I can deal with, let the tekkies handle the rest. See you all on the beach - can't wait to go to TC, have never been, although I have been to many,many other islands. Sounds amazing and extremely beautiful.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: WiFi, high speed connection reliability

Fast, efficient, free - really - I need to move my office... These three words are not often used in a single sentence in the Caribbean. Have that wine chilled for when husband gets cut off, power surges, failure and never to be explained outages. You can get used to it.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: WiFi, high speed connection reliability

WWH - lmao

Are you using a cable modem? I noticed that in the front lobby at OCW where I believe they are using DSL that they have outages all the time. The VRBO I stay in there has a cable modem and if it has ever gone down I just powercycle the modem.

Ziggy, I'm a working man and can't afford to stay at those new, fancy places ;-) But you taught me something I didn't know.