We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key Items to Bring

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Key Items to Bring

I have never travelled to T&C before, and I am wondering what are some key items to bring that maybe I wouldn't think of. I am not staying in an all inclusive, staying at a hotel with a very basic kitchenette.

For example, I've read to bring ziplock bags, I've heard bring your own water bottles....

Would love any and all suggestions, thank you!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key Items to Bring

I'm bringing a small LED flashlight in case I walk back on the beach at night.

Norfolk, NE
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Key Items to Bring

Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen. The sun it really hot. I would bring some snack foods as well. Very expensive at grocery store. Flashlight is excellent also. Spring float for pool and ocean, I don't leave home without mine.

Edited: 28 June 2012, 17:04
Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
412 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Key Items to Bring

Some things we bring are sealed in plastic bags to maximize space, such as nuts, pretzels, coffee, and maybe some of my favorite cereal. We tend to eat breakfast and some lunches in the suite.

Other items will include Tide packets, individual peanut butter containers, mustard, jelly, beef jerky, power bars, splenda packets, sunscreen, snorkel gear and a waterproof container for keys & money.

new york
Level Contributor
487 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Key Items to Bring

If you use Splenda, I would bring it. Did not see it in the restaurants I went to.

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,595 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Key Items to Bring

Soft sided cooler for bringing your favorite beverages to the beach.

Boston...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Key Items to Bring

Ditto on the sunscreen, ziplocks (I bring a ton of these - liquids, protect books/electronics at the beach), float and cooler (we also brought a couple ice pack things since we had a freezer there). I also like to bring a shower "poof" as it helps get sunscreen off at the end of the day. An extra pair of sunglasses in case you lose one (I wear them in the water, so I always bring a cheapo pair for that). A hat. A beach bag.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Key Items to Bring

a often quoted but rarely adheared to piece of advice from a popular travel guide states something like: when traveling to the Turks and Caicos it is best to pack 1/2 the clothes and 2X the $$$$. im' just talkin!

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Key Items to Bring

And don't forget the bug spray.....if you are a bug magnet like me you will be happy to use it-especially when going out in the evenings. Have fun!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Key Items to Bring

There's a list on here somewhere that was out together recently, but can't find it. Agree with the 1/2 clothes, twice the $$ ;)

One of the things we always take is pack of Klippas (bag clips) from Ikea. Really useful for closing bags of chips etc and keeping them fresh while keeping the ants out.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,831 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Key Items to Bring

Not sure what "a very basic kitchenette" consists of but we've often found that places that don't have a full kitchen can often lack a decent can opener and sharp knife, as well as a corkscrew/bottle opener if you're drinkers. I also like to bring a sponge that has a scrubby side. Sometimes you just get dish cloths which don't always work in removing stuck on food. Also like to bring instant iced tea/lemonade to make for drinks. The single serving sizes might work best as you may not have a pitcher to mix in. Of course you could always buy a jug of water and mix in that but the jug might consume a lot of your frig if it's the under-counter type. Microwave popcorn is always a good snack and most kitchenettes have a microwave. Instant oatmeal if you like that. If you don't already know for sure what will and and will not be provided in the kitchenette, you can always e-mail the concierge where you're staying for more info.