We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nude beach?

Boston
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
nude beach?

There are miles of seemingly deserted sand to the right of the Venetian, with not even a perso in sight...is it ok to go all natural or will I be arrested?

walpole, ma
Level Contributor
189 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nude beach?

arrested

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,086 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nude beach?

Arrested.

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nude beach?

We were at the Tuscany for 10 days and the beach you are referring to has a constant flow of scattered people walking..It would not be a good idea..I think you might get arrested before you made people sick and angry :-)

ny
Level Contributor
283 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nude beach?

the french side of St martin is a bit more comfortable for a naturist

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
16 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nude beach?

I was there last week and almost every moring there were people topless sunbathing in front of Tuscany, I do not think they got arrested, I was there a week and never saw one cop the entire time, I am not sure where they were or are.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,984 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nude beach?

It is against the law, it's an extremely conservative island.

Even on the isolated cays.

Even if you don't get arrested, please respect the laws. The beaches past Tuscany are residential neighborhoods, so still shouldn't do it.

There are islands known for that. St Martin the main one.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: nude beach?

Interestingly enough, before they put in all the sand up there and there was nothing but sandstone cliffs there, that's where it used to be.

provobums.com/gallery/view_photo.php…

Boston
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: nude beach?

Ok I won't. Thanks.

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nude beach?

3and4, I saw the topless woman with the fat guy in a bikini too. They were staying at OC. They pulled there chairs over onto the beach in front of Tuscany. I really got annoyed when they had the nerve to turn their chairs around facing the hotel, to face the sun. They were no more than 30 feet away from us. We were practically looking in their eyes. We packed up our stuff and moved over several chairs. It was very rude and unnecessary. First of all, I guess she knew that they would be told to cover up if they stayed at THEIR hotel beach. ..I was surprised when we went into the office to check on dinner reservations and I casually mentioned it to the woman at the desk. Her eyebrows raised and she said "Oh,no" but did nothing about it. I was a little surprised. T&C is just not the place for nudity.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: nude beach?

tciyellowpages.com/templates/…20Ordinance.pdf

Summary Offences Ordinances:

"Any person convicted of any of the offences enumerated shall be liable to pay a fine of $100.00 and, in default of payment, to a term of imprisonment of three months---that is to say:

Indecent exposure

(d) any person who wilfully and indecently exposes his person to, or within view of, any other person;

Definition of indecent not too clear. Checked the legal definition of "person" and it gives a human being but I am fairly certain that it has a further meaning for the purposes of this ordinance. Doesn't seem to address women at all--but I'm not a lawyer.

Growing up down here when the island was much more conservative than it is today--nudity on the beach was very common. It never seemed to be a problem. Your call. You may risk a ticket--probably only if someone complains and you are still on the beach in the next two to three hours it takes the police to respond.