We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
593 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

Hi all,

I know this has been asked numerous times but I searched a lot and couldn't come up with a conclusion, so I'm looking for any advice from the locals...

I'm looking for a one week trip in mid-november to Provo (wife and I, mid-20's) and am worried about the weather. On one hand I know it's warm and it's a very dry place, but on the other I know it's the end of (or just after) the hurricane season. What can the locals recommend? We don't mind it raining once or twice but don't want cloudy skies or rain during all our trip...

Please give your suggestions. Should we just postpone this trip?

Aero.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
379 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

that's right provobum the weather last november was PERFECT!

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

Here is the hurricane history, it is also linked on my site.

http://www.hurricanecity.com/city/caicos.htm

Yes, Ginger, it was perfect. Company wasn't bad either ;-)

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
432 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

My wifes birthday is in the 1st week of November, were always in Provo for a couple of weeks at that time and Its normally lovely.....

Edited: 22 July 2012, 00:22
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

I hate to contradict everyone, but we've been twice to TCI in November in the last 2 yrs and have never seen the calmness of Grace Bay that everyone talks about and have seen in pictures and web cams. Last year we were there for 3 wks...the ocean was was quite wavy and breezy.

Hoping to return this October for Roctober! Fingers crossed!

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
Providenciales
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
593 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

Thanks to everyone! Didn't expect that much comments...

One last question : what about seaweeds? We went to Miami last May and the beaches were filled with seaweeds... we didn't even attempt to swim in the ocean.

How is it in TC in november? Can we expect postcard-like beaches? :)

Edited: 22 July 2012, 05:20
10 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

As a east coast beach Canadian ( Acadian) we are off to Provo nov 2nd .... 1st time for that matter.... All I can say as a maritimer from the east is you never know what conditions you get seaside... But on a small piece of land with coral .... It's a sure sign that the weather is calm... If the fishy's are smiling so should we.... Worry pas mon ami

17. Re: Mid-november trip : is weather a barrier?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2013, 10:16