We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time - need suggestions on where to stay

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
First time - need suggestions on where to stay

We are thinking about going to T&C Feb 2013 and would like to stay on Grace Bay but the resorts look a little pricey plus a couple of them are already sold out. I found Sibonne Beach Hotel but I'm wondering if there are other options. Is it possible to stay off of Grace Bay but still be within walking distance to this beach? Would like to stay at a resort so that we will be able to print boarding passes, book tours, walking distance to beach/pool, general assistance, etc, but I am considering a vacation rental.

Also, would it best to book a trip like this through a travel agent?

Thank you in advance!

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
871 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time - need suggestions on where to stay

We booked the Alexandra resort on Grace Bay through USAIR in a package. We have been there before and it's a perfect location for us, right on the bay with restaurants within walking distance, a spa for the wife, next door and snorkeling through Caicos Dream Tours or walking down to Bight Beach about 20 minutes past Beaches resort. There are several other resorts right along the bay next to Alexandra.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time - need suggestions on where to stay

Thanks, timjc46. I looked at that resort as well and it looked nice but I thought that I read somewhere that they only have queen size beds, no king size. Is that true? My husband and I are tall people and like to spread out so a queen would be too small for us.

Thanks for mentioning Caicos Dream Tours as well because my next step is to check out things to do. Did you book direct thru them before your trip or did you book thru the hotel when you were there?

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
871 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time - need suggestions on where to stay

You can probably email the resort about the size of the beds. I know we had queen size. I've always booked after getting to the resort and settling in. They have a booth on the beach between the Alexandra and Regent Palm and you'll see people getting on and off the boat from the beach in the mornings.

New York City
Level Contributor
183 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time - need suggestions on where to stay

HI

If this is your first time staying in TCI, there are many choices.e Ocean Club West/ Royal West Indies development, in the heart of Grace Bay.

Depending upon your budget, there is also the comfort suites,but TCI has a tax that everyone collects, hotels and private rentals, but hotels also add a 10 % service charge and some add an electricity charge since the electricity cost is so high there.

We love it down there and while it is expensive, it is nice to have a kitchen to prepare meals and the views are spectacular.

Edited: 24 July 2012, 21:38
Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time - need suggestions on where to stay

I would definitely recommend the Alexandra Resort and Spa. They have the best couples deals!

I went this past valentine's day and me and my husband had an amazing time. It is such a nice place and a reasonable price. The Mango Reef restaurant is the perfect place to celebrate any occasion.

If you end up finding a travel agent ask about that hotel, I recommend it through experience.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
285 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time - need suggestions on where to stay

if your looking for a vacation rental type of place to save money i'd look at villa del mar. its got some service but also kind of a do it yourself. well really the only thing they dont have is a restaurant on site. other wise they have just about everything else. breakfast daily at the pool is provided. front desk is really nice and helpful. its not on the beach but the walk to the beach is not even worth talking about. its as close to the beach as some garden type rooms at larger resorts. also within walking distance to restaurants and grocery.

good luck with your search and enjoy your trip!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First time - need suggestions on where to stay

My favorite budget-friendly property is Villa del Mar (stayed there last November). Accommodations are high-end, it's centrally located to restaurants and shops, and the beach walk-over is only two minutes, tops. They even have their own beach attendant with beach set-up / service.

The VDM pool is heated, and they have a nice, over size hot tub. Complimentary continental breakfast is also provided.

The luxury studio is a great value, IMO. www.yourvilladelmar.com

If insisting on beachfront, Ocean Club, Ocean Club West, The Sands, Le Vele Resort, and The Alexandra are all nice, moderately (by Provo standards) priced options.

Several of us on the forum use Turks and Caicos Reservations. They are located on the island, so their knowledge is first-hand. If you give them a call, they can explain all the options. www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc

Also, www.wherewhenhow.com is a great source for general information. They have an excellent dining guide at www.wherewhenhow.tc

Hope this helps.

8. Re: First time - need suggestions on where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2013, 10:16