We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Med Pkg.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Club Med Pkg.

Anyone looking to stay at Club Med between now and Oct.29 or Nov.10-Dec 17, 2012 might want to check out the following 5-day package at Club Med.

livingsocial.com/escapes/…

Make sure to check all the fine print, including "other conditions" as tax & gratuity not included.

I'm not connected to this offer in any way. Just passing the info along to anyone who might be interested. Came in an e-mail today.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,237 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Med Pkg.

$1150 for two for 5 nights is a pretty good deal... That works out to $115 per person per night and recent CM specials have been running in the $120 - 140 range. However, a couple of the Travel agencies that specialize in Club Med give a 15% rebate on the Club Med land part of the cost, so a $115 cost would be right in line with $130 less 10%.

In other words, a good deal, but not outstandingly so.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Med Pkg.

Haven't been to Club Med so wasn't aware of normal pricing. Like I said, just passing it along for others. Your response will help guide others.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Med Pkg.

That's not bad. I was lucky enough to book way in advance (last Jan.) and was able to secure 4 rooms for 5 days/4nights all inclusive, king bed/singles for $480 per room (taxes & membership fee incl.) in mid-October. But if I was booking this close to Oct., this LS deal would better than what the club is now asking...

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Med Pkg.

I know why the song is "hands up ...baby hands up.." I felt robbed last time I went to a CM property. in fairness I will mention I have not been to the grace bay location.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,237 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Med Pkg.

I can think of two ways that you might feel "robbed":

1. You paid "list price" instead of the deeply discounted prices that are generally available. List prices for the Turkoise CM run around $200 per day per person (double occ) but the 'going rate' has been running around $120 - 140. If I paid over $1500 for a week and someone else paid less than $800, I'd be upset. But, that is how the travel industry works these days, airlines as well as resorts.

2. You're not a Club Med person... I'm always careful when I suggest a Club Med destination; it is definitely not for everyone. It is a different kind of resort/vacation and not what a lot of people are looking for. If this is the reason you felt robbed, then someone (you, your travel agent, or ??) was not doing the proper research and homework. It is usually fairly easy to determine if someone is going to like a Club Med or not. Of course. Club Med is working on changing many of their resorts to a more upscale/luxurious feeling, much to the disappointment of long time CM fans.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Med Pkg.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,237 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Med Pkg.

And absolutely nothing wrong with that (other than you should not have gone/been sent to that resort)... Thankfully we do not all like the same things...

If you don't mind me asking, which Club Med location was it and about how long ago??

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Med Pkg.

Took it to PM :)

United States
Level Contributor
300 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Med Pkg.

I feel I got a pretty good deal for 2 people with rt air 6 nights 2202 .

10. Re: Club Med Pkg.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 06:16