We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hard time choosing a hotel on Grace Bay

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
Hard time choosing a hotel on Grace Bay

I'm trying to plan a trip to Grace Bay in Sept or Oct.....having a hard time deciding on the right hotel for me.

After reading endless reviews and researching forums, I'm having a hard time choosing between the following: Grace Bay Club, Gansevoort, or Seven Stars; any other suggestions are welcomed.

I'm looking for R & R, without the screaming kids.We are 35 yrs old looking for quiet get away from the NYC hustle and bustle, with a little pampering. My fiancee and I don't get to travel too much together as we do most of business travel without one another.

Looking for nice room/hotel to spend a few nights, but also looking for a casual feel all within one hotel. Good food, nice beach, attentive service, but dont want to search for a beach chair in the morning....

Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated :)

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
595 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hard time choosing a hotel on Grace Bay

We will be at the Regent Grand in mid Sept and from what I've read there are little to no kids and the hotel is supposed to be close to restaurants and is a 4+star hotel....

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hard time choosing a hotel on Grace Bay

Thank you for your reply...Regent Grand was another hotel in the running :)

so many decisions!

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,809 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hard time choosing a hotel on Grace Bay

Not sure if you are looking for a big place or a small one, but ones that fit your description pretty well are The Beach House and Point Grace. Both have that boutique feel, are casual, tend to have few kids.

In the time period you are considering it will be very quiet on Provo, with some restaurants closed for the slow season. Not necessarity a bad thing since you are looking for quiet, and there are still plenty of places open.

http://www.beachhousetci.com/

http://www.pointgrace.com/

Edited: 27 August 2012, 22:23
Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hard time choosing a hotel on Grace Bay

They are all great.

The only thing that could be said is that Grace Bay Club has an adults only area with pool.

Gansevoort is far away from the main hub of hotels but close to the Bight Reef to snorkel.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hard time choosing a hotel on Grace Bay

You've certainly picked the right destination. Sept / Oct are normally slow throughout the Caribbean, so odds of being around "screaming kids" are greatly reduced.

Personally, I wouldn't get too hung up on staying and eating at the resort all week. Unless you stay at one of the three all-inclusives (only The Veranda meets your criteria), there are so many great restaurants on the island.

Agree with all the recommendations, and I'll add Villa Renaissance, The Somerset, The Palms, West Bay Club, and The Veranda to the list (probably missed a few).

Don't know your budget, but there are usually some pretty good offers during the slowest months. You might want to call Turks and Caicos Reservations, and ask them to check prices, availabilties, and promotions.

Also, WhereWhenHow is a great resource for information on resorts, restaurants, activities, etc.

Hope this helps.

www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc

www.wherewhenhow.com

www.wherewhenhow.tc (restaurant guide)

Edited: 28 August 2012, 00:03
New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hard time choosing a hotel on Grace Bay

thank you all so much for your postings...so so many options!!!

i think im back to square one! ha!

I will research these new hotel options.....really do appreciate it!

thank you everyone :)

Oceanside, New York
Level Contributor
141 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hard time choosing a hotel on Grace Bay

Just returned from seven stars my wife and I loved it. If we go back well stay there again.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
6,994 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hard time choosing a hotel on Grace Bay

That time of year should have less families traveling.

Many nice options for full service resorts.

Look at Regent Palms

Somerset

Point Grace

Seven Stars

All would be nice options.

Mike

Knoxville TN
Level Contributor
335 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hard time choosing a hotel on Grace Bay

it's low season..there's not going to be many people, let alone kids at most resorts. Beaches is about the only place where kids may be an nuisance.

To keep it in persepctive:

VDM and RWI are known to be more of the family-friendly resorts...each time we have stayed (July/August), there were at most, 6-7 kids at the resort.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
789 posts
686 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hard time choosing a hotel on Grace Bay

IMO the beach is soooo much nicer at Seven Stars & Grace Bay Club. Fewer kids but more $$ at GBC.