We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling with best friend in Sept.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling with best friend in Sept.

Hello my fellow travelers,

I'm heading to Grace Bay in the middle of Sept with my best friend. It's both of our first time visiting T&C (which I'm thrilled about!). We both have spent a lot of time in the Bahamas (Harbour Island, Great Exuma and Treasure Cay) and can't wait to see Grace Bay. Can anyone recommend some nice restaurants that aren't super romantic?? I know that seems like an odd question but we both would be more comfortable in an atmosphere that wouldn't make us miss our husband/ex-boyfriend. Ideally, it would have great food and friendly atmosphere. :) I'm open to your suggestions.

Many thanks in advance :)

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,630 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling with best friend in Sept.

I personally think that most restaurants would work well for friends.

The only "super romantic" one that comes to mind is Coco Bistro.....but it is one of the nicest so is one not to miss.....

More casual places like Mango Reef,Hemingways,Bay Bistro are safe bets.

Mike

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,760 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling with best friend in Sept.

Funny thing about the restaurants there, although they can be super romantic, at the same time they are very family friendly.

Best of all worlds, so any restaurant should be fine!

Do keep in mind though, many are closed for September, but the ones open are very popular with all kinds of vacationers.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling with best friend in Sept.

I think maybe Graces Cottage at Point Grace is set up in a very romantic way. That's all I can think of.

Coco Bistro is set up in a grove off Palm Trees with twinkly lights, but because the tables are set up with large, and small group seatings, it seems nice, but casual to me. I guess it depends where you sit.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling with best friend in Sept.

Thanks for your input. :) I've been checking on restaurants to see if they are indeed open or not. So far, the only big disappointment is that "Somewhere" is going to be closed. It sounded like a great atmosphere with an amazing view. We're at the Sands so Hemingway's is a definite and I'll check out Mango Reef as well as Bay Bistro. Can't wait to swim in that warm water and drink rum runners!!! :))))))

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,760 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling with best friend in Sept.

Bay Bistro is closed in Sept

6. Re: Traveling with best friend in Sept.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2012, 13:10
7. Re: Traveling with best friend in Sept.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2013, 10:18