We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantic Ocean Beach Viila Ocean Edge Villa

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
98 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantic Ocean Beach Viila Ocean Edge Villa

Have this booked for May 2013 There will be 7 of us, but 4 are college girls and don't mind sleeping on sofa beds. Its 3 bedrooms but only about 900 sq ft. I' m a little worried about so many of us in this small villa ,but then we will be outside most of the time. Has any body stayed in this villa? How are the sofa beds? I love to snorkel is it pretty calm in May? So excited but soon long to wait.

Aston, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
923 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantic Ocean Beach Viila Ocean Edge Villa

Renting Ocean Scape (studio size) at AOBV mid Oct. Cant wait, nothing but good reviews.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantic Ocean Beach Viila Ocean Edge Villa

IMO, 900 sq. ft. does seem a bit small for 7 people, especially having college-aged girls sleeping on a sofa bed in the LR. While the girls might not mind, this may create problems for the rest of the group as some may want to stay up when the girls want to go to bed or the girls will want to sleep in when others are ready to start their day , using the kitchen etc. There just isn't a lot of privacy for anyone this way (the sofa bed in the 3rd bedroom probably won't be as much of an issue). My other concern would be the bathroom layout. According to the unit description, the two bathrooms are both en-suite, which means the people sleeping in the LR and third bedroom will have to pass thru one of the bedrooms to use the bathroom. Again, less than ideal. Also , think about the amount of time 4 college girls can spend in a bathroom taking showers and applying make-up :) We were at a B&B where 3 rooms shared a bath. One room was occupied by the 2 college-aged daughters of the owner. It was a nightmare. Never again, especially for a week.

Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantic Ocean Beach Viila Ocean Edge Villa

We may see you there! I just booked the Ocean Vista upstairs unit (2br, 2ba, 1600 sq ft) for May 26 - June 2. It was pretty booked up. We're just 2 couples and a baby. We promise to be quiet as possible. It looks and sounds like a beautiful place! Hope you all have a great time. If you do have a chance to change to the Ocean Vista, I saw 2 reviews/recommendations to "go for it".

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantic Ocean Beach Viila Ocean Edge Villa

We rented AOBV Ocean Vista and LOVED IT! The folks who had Ocean Edge had two HS kids and I think it was ok for them...but they did spend a lot of time outdoors.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
98 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantic Ocean Beach Viila Ocean Edge Villa

We will be there May 18 to 25 so all you will see of us will be our foot prints in the sand. The only villas not booked this weekend are Magnolia and Hibiscus. We plan on spending a lot of time outside too. Can't wait. Anyone else staying the week our group will be there? I do need some snorkel buddies.

6. Re: Atlantic Ocean Beach Viila Ocean Edge Villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2013, 10:15