We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any suggestions for our Beaches TC trip in Jan, 2013?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Any suggestions for our Beaches TC trip in Jan, 2013?

We are booked for a week in January, 2013 at BTC in the Italian Village. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions or comments that will make our trip even better? Example, Provo Ponies? Worth it? What about the family portraits? Is it worth renting a car for a day? We only spending a week there. And, what is the dress attire for daytime? I'm thinking bathing suit n cover ups. Evening? Business casual? All suggestions are truly appreciated.

Husband and wife / early 40's. Kids.. 10 and 6.

Thanks,

Lauren B. (Pittsburgh, PA)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Any suggestions for our Beaches TC trip in Jan, 2013?

Hey Lauren. Let's go Steelers! We did Provo ponies and it was the highlight for a lot of our group( kids 8, 10,12- mother in law and 22 year old niece)

Hard to justify leaving Beaches being it is already paid for, but if you do, renting a car and going to Taylor bay and lunch at Las Brisas is worth it. Somewhere was a great restaurant/bar.

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,261 posts
608 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any suggestions for our Beaches TC trip in Jan, 2013?

We really enjoyed renting a car for the day to see some of the island (Taylor and Sapodilla are must sees)

As for dress, most people are in bathing suits/cover-ups during the day.......in the evening for a couple of the restaurants, pretty sundresses/capris with tops. Men...polos with shorts (used to be chino type pants as still indicated on website).

Definitely check out the weekly newsletter for activities for the week.

Edited: 19 September 2012, 11:53
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any suggestions for our Beaches TC trip in Jan, 2013?

Thank you both! Great suggestions and recommendations! I have a feeling that I am not going to want to leave this place!!! Looking forward to lots of Relaxing by the pool and beach! Do either of you know if the spa at Beaches is worth it?

Thanks,

Lauren

Phoenix
Level Contributor
240 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any suggestions for our Beaches TC trip in Jan, 2013?

You can walk down the beach and get to Somewhere if you want a change of pace for dinner.

As for the spa- I got a west indies massage and was a little disappointed- the massage was fine but don't spend the extra $40 for the spritz of fragranced water and rubbing your feet with sand- just get the regular massage which was nice. Took advantage of the sauna while there too. It is a very small spa but relaxing atmosphere.

Our family enjoyed the kitty kat cruise a lot- snorkeling was mediocre but iguana cay is beautiful and the catamaran ride was fun with music and dancing.

We also did the family portraits and got some really nice shots which we purchased on CD. Just give yourself time to look at and pick pictures and don't wait until the last minute because it can get crowded in the photo shop.

Have a great trip!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Any suggestions for our Beaches TC trip in Jan, 2013?

I've not tried the spa at Beaches. My children really loved the kids club and went there a lot. It gave my wife and I a real chance to relax and have a drink at the pool. If you do get a car, and if you go to Taylor Bay/ Las Brisas, it might be worthwhile to visit the Conch Shack which would be on your way back-it's a little out of the way, but not much. My kids loved getting their pictures with the conch shells. The food was very good as was the rum punch(even though it was a little weak). Are you flying out of the burgh? Through Charlotte? We paid about $500 per person when we went in July.

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,261 posts
608 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any suggestions for our Beaches TC trip in Jan, 2013?

I have tried the spa...I would wait till you arrive, they do have some specials advertised in the newsletter as well as at the spa.

In general, prices are a bit high for the treatments but it may be worth it to get something during vacation....below is the link:

http://www.beaches.com/main/tc/tc-spa.cfm

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Any suggestions for our Beaches TC trip in Jan, 2013?

If wanting to take a water / island excursion, I'd recommend you walk next door to the desk in front of The Alexandra resort, and sign up for the Caicos Dream Tours 1/2 day excursion. It's much less crowded than the similar Beaches tour, and the guides are fantastic.

Wonderful family experience. They'll pick you up and return you to the beach. Been there, done that with our family.

Edited: 21 September 2012, 13:19
8. Re: Any suggestions for our Beaches TC trip in Jan, 2013?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 December 2013, 10:17