We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quiet resort - end of November

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Topic
Quiet resort - end of November

I am planning a trip for the end of November; potentially to Provo. It's just my husband and I and we like empty, quiet beaches during the day but also like to have restaurant/bar options close by (one at the hotel and a few options nearby for night time). I'm looking for suggestions for a quiet hotel that's not completely out of the way. I was looking at The Beach House but I wasn't sure if it was located near anything else. I've seen Point Grace, Somerset and Regent Palms mentioned as quiet..any thoughts? I'd like to stay under $500 which pretty much eliminates Gansevoort & Somerset.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quiet resort - end of November

Point grace and the Beach House will most likely be the most quiet. There are more walkable restaurants near Point Grace.

Have stayed at PG and even if it has full occupancy you barely see many guests until happy hour at the pool bar.

I am assuming the Beach house would be the same since its a boutique resort as well. Both have a large beachfront area too.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quiet resort - end of November

Forgot to add beach house is close to snorkeling

Edited: 22 September 2012, 20:27
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quiet resort - end of November

Can you tell me where the beach house is? I found a map of hotels but don't see it on here

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,189 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quiet resort - end of November

Its on the western end. There is Beaches Resort, then Windsong, then Coral Gardens and finally the Beach House. Past Beach house there is the West Bay club and Gansevort.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Quiet resort - end of November

Thanks for your help!

colin34711
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Quiet resort - end of November

Leeward Resort is quiet and special includes a car,suggest you call Val at Turks and Caicos Resrvations

colin34711
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Quiet resort - end of November

Leeward Resort is quiet and special includes a car,suggest you call Val at Turks and Caicos Resrvations

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,318 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quiet resort - end of November

IMO....talk to the resorts you are truly interested in staying at.

You would be surprised what you can get for $500/night.......

I'm just sayin.....

Mike

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quiet resort - end of November

Atlantic Ocean Beach Villas....are awesome...you can walk to the Marina or Green Bean for many dining options...

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Quiet resort - end of November

I had almost decided on Point Grace but now the reviews of Seven Stars are making me rethink my choice. I know it is a bigger resort than I had been looking for but it looks and sounds really nice so I think it's down to those two.