We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to TC in January for a girlfriends trip

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
36 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Heading to TC in January for a girlfriends trip

There are 3 of us heading to T&C in January 2013 to celebrate a 40th birthday. We are looking for a place where we can relax on the beach all day, have some nice drinks and some reasonable food. We don't need fancy and will all be sharing 1 room. Do you think we will be happy at Beaches or is it too family/kid oriented for us? We don't mind having kids around (they won't be calling our names) but also hope to have some peace and serenity as well.

Originally we were thinking of renting a villa at Coral Gardens (or elsewhere on Grace Bay) but for then we were considering doing an all inclusive at Beaches. It is about $300-400 more per person for the Beaches reservation right now with a special they have which seems like a better deal with all food and drinks included. But I just want the right feel for the vacation. We just want to get away form the NY winter and relax on the beach.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to TC in January for a girlfriends trip

For a girlfriends trip, Beaches would be the last place I'd look.

I suggest contacting Turks and Caicos Reservations, tell them what you're looking for and your budget. Val and his team will find a nice deal for you. Many of us on the forum use them for our trips.

www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc

Douglassville...
Level Contributor
146 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to TC in January for a girlfriends trip

You can also check out Club Med. It's a reasonably priced all-inclusive that is adults only. My husband and I went there in April for our anniversary and had a fabulous time. You will be on one of the nicest stretches of beach in Provo and they have tons of activities all day if you want to participate. There's a snorkeling boat that goes out twice a day that is included in the price. You can learn to sail, windsurf or just hang out at the beach. At night you can catch a show put on by the G.O.'s and dance at the DJ party afterwards.

The accommodations are not fancy, but we had no complaints! If you read the reviews, you can see some people love the place and some down right hate it, but we went there with an open mind and were not disappointed!

Good Luck!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,129 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to TC in January for a girlfriends trip

Don't forget Veranda, and their nightly rates include the tax. Better priced than Beaches, because it's quiet and smaller with no activities.

Rooms are gorgeous, similar to a Four Seasons, drinks are top shelf. It is quiet there though.

Do keep in mind, January is peak season, so prices will be higher.

maryland
Level Contributor
5,123 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading to TC in January for a girlfriends trip

Have to agree with Keater and Blamona. Beaches is not my idea of a great "girls trip out". Veranda, on the other hand would be perfect, as would many other places, but if you want all AL, that's the place.

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
8,041 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heading to TC in January for a girlfriends trip

Girlfriend.......

Head to a "fabulous" resort like Regent Palms, Somerset, Point Grace, ok....and even Seven Stars....

Nice suites....great service.....and a little pampering.

Regent Palms Spa is perfect for a little spoiling yourselves.

I'm just sayin......snap!

Mike

New York City
Level Contributor
186 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heading to TC in January for a girlfriends trip

Keater you could not have said it better, Beaches without kids is really hard to imagine. Definitely do not stay at Beaches for a girlfriends trip. There are wonderful places: VR, point grace, somerset, regent palms, regent grand, OCW, RWI, west bay club. The only place that I can think of that I would not consider other than Beaches is a club med.

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heading to TC in January for a girlfriends trip

Thanks Doc... Hope you and J are well. I'll be in touch with you.

Edited: 25 September 2012, 02:15
Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Heading to TC in January for a girlfriends trip

Yea Mike! "and even Seven Stars"!

Seven Stars, Somerset, Gansevort...my choices....

I agree with Mike- don't go to all inclusive on a girls trip-too many great bars and restaurants ....especially Beaches- unless you want Elmo with you!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
705 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heading to TC in January for a girlfriends trip

If you rent a 2-bedroom @ Ocean Club West you'll be in the center of many restaurants, shops, IGA Gourmet and of course, right on Grace Bay beach.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Heading to TC in January for a girlfriends trip

Definitely not Beaches, for what you're seeking. Perhaps The Veranda, if you insist on all-inclusive.

These are all great recommendations. One of the reasons we so enjoy vacationing in the Turks and Caicos is all the great accommodations choices.

Agree with Keater04 that a call to T&C Reservations will make your selection process much easier. They're located on the island, and can help match the best choice with your specific needs and budget.

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales