We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HNR - It's hot!

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
HNR - It's hot!

I haven't been active in these forums but I will try to contribute as best as I can now and update this thread all week. So ask any questions.

We arrived today @ Royal West Indies. We were here 6 - 7 years ago and nothing appears changed which is a good thing.

The weather was sunny and hot today. A tropical depression named Rafael is not coming this way but the ocean was very choppy today for the Grace Bay standard. The sand is very soft and the sunset was beautiful. The pool and beach water is nice and warm.

We rented the smallest vehicle from Avis for $29.95/day plus taxes/fees. No complaints there. They brought a tiny but newish vehicle right outside the terminal door so we were off the airport in no time. I know most people highly recommend Grace Bay Car Rentals but I am all for saving couple of dollars...

We went to IGA Graceway to pick up some necessities. Prices are roughly double what we would pay at home. So pack accordingly. Buy some alcohol from the duty free shop.

The restaurant/bar here at RWI is actually decent and there was good live entertainment at dinner time.

We got couple of mozzie bites so bring a repellant.

Hopefully the beach is calmer tomorrow as we have a little one. Maybe we will try Taylor Bay. da Conch Shack is in the plans.

Stay tuned...

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,436 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HNR - It's hot!

Thanks for the report. Keep having fun.

Sometime when the water gets rough on GB it's still nice calm in Taylor bay.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HNR - It's hot!

Hi Piaget,

We're just down the beach from you!

The ocean was crazy yesterday!! It started to get wavy on Friday but nothing like it was yesterday! Great for surfing the waves though! Looks like it's better today though!

Since you have a car, you should take Ziggy's suggestion though and explore Taylor Bay and then have lunch at Las Brisas ( closed Tuesdays).

Keep enjoying!!

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: HNR - It's hot!

Looking forward to your posts! Have a great time!!

London
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: HNR - It's hot!

Thank you for the report! We are heading to RWI next week (can't wait!) and I was wondering if you know how far the regent grand is from the hotel? Is it walking distance?

Have an amazing time :)

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HNR - It's hot!

Thanks for the report. Looking forward to more updates.

Have a wonderful trip.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HNR - It's hot!

MissJess, Regent Grand is about a 15 min beach walk from RWI.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HNR - It's hot!

Regent Grand is an easy 15 minute stroll from RWI. I prefer walking via beach with no shoes on...

Today was another gorgeous day here, sun mixed with clouds. One thing that I can guarantee is that the short-term or extended weather forecasts will be wrong. When it forecasts rain, it will be sunny. When it forecasts thunderstorms, it will be sunny. If you stay here for week, I bet you will have sunny weather most of the times. So put your weather worries aside and just enjoy.

Grace Bay was choppy today. But it is nice to hear the sounds of the waves from the room. We had lunch at da Conch Shack. The conch salad was excellent and it is nice to eat under the trees looking at the ocean. Definitely a T&C experience.

Drove to the Taylor Bay after lunch. It is not that difficult to find if you follow the directions on this board. We took floats and stayed for a couple of hours. I liked it but it is not as nice as Grace Bay. It is just way too shallow. It is beautiful to look at and pretty secluded if you want some peace and quite.

I cooked up a nice spaghetti bolognese tonight paired with a nice red wine. Staying in a 1 bedroom suite in RWI gives you a full kitchen set up. It is nice to have the choice of eating in or out. RWI is very laid back. If you like nightly entertainment, Club Med next door might be the place. Their buildings look very tired but I can hear them blasting music 'til the wee hours. No worries, you can barely hear it if you are inside the room at RWI.

8. Re: HNR - It's hot!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2013, 10:16