We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscany/Beaches -Can u visit other resorts while your there?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tuscany/Beaches -Can u visit other resorts while your there?

So were hoping to be visiting the Turks in April 2013, Myself, my husband and two children (7 and 5), now I know the first instinct is to book the Beaches because of the amount of family oriented actitivies, disney characters, xboxs in rooms etc etc, however the biggest selling point is that I know our little ones would spend hours on their water slides, and I like the idea of having food on tap whenever we need it with Beaches 16 restaurants.

However I love the idea of the Tuscany, the beach looks nicer and wider in this part of Grace Bay, with more of a chance to have a space to yourself , The rooms seem nicer, all facing the beach. We are all easily disrupted by night noise makers, and the smaller boutique feel, sounds friendly and quiet. I could imagine many hours of quiet beach play without 10,000 other families. My kids are pretty quiet and self controlled.

Really what id love to be able to do is stay at the Tuscany and visit the Beaches for a play on their slide and pools (is that cheeky? can you do that?) and how far away are they from one another?

Knoxville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
3,831 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuscany/Beaches -Can u visit other resorts while your there?

The following TA thread addresses day passes at Beaches. Certainly not inexpensive and prices are probably not accurate as the thread is from 2010.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147395-i212-k3411…

IMO, staying at one resort and using the facilities of another is "cheeky" no matter where you stay and not just in Provo. Resort faculties are designed and reserved for paying guests. If everyone could hotel hop, there would never be enough lounges at the pool and beach, which can be a problem even without an influx of outsiders. Paying for a meal or taking part in evening entertainment is one thing, using other facilities is a definite "no-no" in my book, as well hotel managements'. There's a reason for all those "reserved for resort guests" signs you see. All-inclusive resorts have measures in place to ensure that there facilities as well as food & beverages are limited to their paying guests. People who have actually stayed at Beaches will likely comment further.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,756 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuscany/Beaches -Can u visit other resorts while your there?

You can do it, but it's hugely expensive. 10-6 (so no breakfast or dinner) $220 per person, $130 per kid.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuscany/Beaches -Can u visit other resorts while your there?

Every family is different, but we've never found a need nor a desire to stay at, or visit Beaches. We have water slides at home, and people dressed as cartoon characters are much more easily found in Orlando, FL. <jmo>

That said, we've stayed at nine different T&C resorts, and both of our sons have basically grown up, vacationing there. We first visited when they were ages 1 & 5, and they're now 13 & 18.

Although we had a terrific vacation at The Tuscany this past June, I'd recommend you also take a look at The Sands and Regent Palms. Both seem to attract lots of families with children, if that's what you're seeking.

With a little research, you'll find that the T&C has lots of activities and experiences you can enjoy together, as a family. The kids will not be "bored," and can return to the X-Box when they come back home. :-)

Edited: 28 October 2012, 03:02
ohio
Level Contributor
226 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuscany/Beaches -Can u visit other resorts while your there?

Too true. 10 years ago we were staying in an oceanfront villa in Cayman. My stepson (then 13) decided to close all the drapes and watch Tv on a beautiful afternoon. While we were at dinner -I had the Tv removed. He still talks about his favorite vacation ever -diving-snorkeling-parasailing etc. The teacher in me would much rather see a kid build a sand castle or read a book on the beach.

United States
Level Contributor
775 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuscany/Beaches -Can u visit other resorts while your there?

If you want to visit pay for a day pass - don't take the chance in just going to check it out on your own.

I walked on the Beaches wood walkway on my way back from Coral Gardens because the beachfront was overcrowed. On my way OUT I was stoped by Beaches security and they weren't happy that I entered - although it's on them that I was allowed to walk the whole way to end before anyone knew.

Afterwards, I was told by others that you can be fined for doing entering.

Ashburn, Virginia
Level Contributor
386 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuscany/Beaches -Can u visit other resorts while your there?

Your kids are a great age for Beaches, and there are lots of Canadians there, too. Lots of folks from Toronto when we we there. It is true that, sadly, the beach at Beaches is probably the WORST stretch of beach, but you can easily wander off and find a better spot.

If you want quiet at Beaches, you CAN find it. We stayed way in the back in the French Village and it was very private and quiet. Perfect for our family of 4. A family of 5 would have had a harder time. And the restaurants are great when you have kids of that age. Mine were 7 and 8 and it was so nice to be able to grab anything, any time, and not have to worry about it.

There are lots of anti-Beaches folks on this board because they love the seclusion that TCI provides. I get that. But I also get that when you have elementary age kids who need lots of activity (mine didn't ONCE play the X-box) or they go stir crazy thereby ruining your relaxation time, Beaches is great. My kids had fun in the kids club a few times, allowing the hubby and I to have some alone time together, but we also had lots of family time which made for fabulous memories.

With kids that age, I highly recommend Beaches. It is the best of both worlds as you can be very busy, or very quiet and laid back, or anywhere in between.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Tuscany/Beaches -Can u visit other resorts while your there?

sharse, I don't believe anyone on the forum is "anti-Beaches." IMO, Beaches / Sandals resorts are among the best in the world, providing the vacation experiences they offer.

The Turks and Caicos / Providenciales has such a diverse offering of very nice, family-friendly resorts, I just want to make sure first-time visitors understand that Beaches is not the only choice for a family vacation there.

However, there's nothing at all wrong with a Beaches vacation, if that's what pleases a family most. :-)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tuscany/Beaches -Can u visit other resorts while your there?

So the Xbox wasnt the biggest reason I was stuck on choosing which resort to stay at, to tell you the truth we dont have any electronics other than a TV at home here in Canada, so a xbox when they are going to bed at night would be another element of excitment and be another treat to add to the holiday. my kids are 5 and 7., we would never let them hang out all day inside playing videos games.

The beach by the Tuscany looks so much nicer and private, I guess I just need to figure out whether we want to pay $2300 more for a week just to have the water slides , onsite restaurants and sesame street characters... hmmmm.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
978 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tuscany/Beaches -Can u visit other resorts while your there?

I think it probably comes down to what type of kids you have (like Sharse said above)...Do your kids need/crave a lot of activities or are they content building sand castles in the beach. We have a very active toddler so Beaches was an easy choice for us! We love to spend time at the water park and then pick up and head

down to the beach. With all of the included

activities we are never bored! We love the idea

of all of the food options at our disposal. So the choice is easy for us and as our son gets older we will probably explore other options...but right now Beaches is the perfect mix of fun and relaxation for us! Good luck!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,756 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tuscany/Beaches -Can u visit other resorts while your there?

It's also possible that Tuscany has xbox or Wii for the rooms anyway!

$2300 for a week for watersides can be another vacation!

I love Beaches for what it is, I've had a blast there. But there's a difference between wanting a Beaches vacation vs wanting a beach vacation. Judging by your post, sounds like the beach in Provo is important to you, and you're a better fit for Tuscany.

To others, don't know where they get ideas that DEs are anti

Beaches. I do love it. But we try to decipher what kind of vacation they're looking for and make recommendations based on that.

I personally love Beaches for what it is, find it to be the best AI I've ever been to and have had a blast. It has it's following and is busy for a reason.

I personally try to weigh the question though. Some vacationers are looking for certain things on this forum, and we just try to guide them based on our experiences and interpretation of the posts.