We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Grace Bay update.....

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Quick Grace Bay update.....

Workers are dismantling the Seven Stars pier ahead of high tide, draging all the decking behind the fence by the pink house. Seven Stars has sandbagged their entire dune line and the steps up to the resort. Waves still crashing hard and running all the way up to the dune grass. We are all hanging on the beach for cocktail hour awaiting high tide. Peace out all!

Edited: 28 October 2012, 21:39
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Grace Bay update.....

Thank for the update Ttewks. Should be interesting once high tide comes in.

So what does the beach at Beaches look like..... I'm guessing there isn't one right now.

Edited: 28 October 2012, 22:21
Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Grace Bay update.....

Wow, it's amazing that the crazy waves have come so many days after the storm passed through. Just goes to show the power of Mother Nature. Be safe.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,632 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick Grace Bay update.....

That makes me so sad! We snorkeled every day under and around that dock on our first trip to Provo in 2002, and it's been a focal point of many photos over the years. :(

Whtiby Ontario
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick Grace Bay update.....

Was there this morning, Beaches resort, have never seen anything like that before, feel bad for everyone that is coming in today , we left today but got to enjoy the beach most of the week.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick Grace Bay update.....

be safe - hope the sun comes out and the tides roll back...keep drinking..xxxoo Gi

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick Grace Bay update.....

Thanks for the update! Sad to hear about the pier and extra high tides/waves. Hopefully, things will be calmer tomorrow - I assume you are taking pictures for us!

United States
Level Contributor
775 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick Grace Bay update.....

Just back from an interesting beach walk - the water at Beaches is hitting the wall as is also is at The Alex even though the beach is wider the waves are rough.

Yesterday, I tried in the late afternoon to enjoy the beach and sit on the dunes but got sand blasted.

But hey, it's a bringht sunny day.

Just a note incase you already don't know - all NYC flights out of here are cancelled until Weds.

London,Ont...
Level Contributor
574 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Quick Grace Bay update.....

ttewks1...

You are making it there even more often that I

Good job!

Just looking at the 2 webcams this morning.

From the looks of things at the Regent Grand, I suspect it would be pretty hard to go for a beach walk this morning.

Waves crashing in right up to the scruff line.

Point Grace looks to be completely under water.

Anybody at The Sands:

Palapas in the water?

Brad

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quick Grace Bay update.....

Wow...trying to stay hopeful. We are coming down this Sunday, November 4th, first time to Turks. Was hoping for a week of sunshine and laid back beach reading.

Appreciate the updates....keep them coming.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,632 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quick Grace Bay update.....

Wow, that's incredible that the water is up that high at the Alexandra. Would love to see some photos - hope someone will post some soon.