We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where else if not TCI?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Where else if not TCI?

I've been to various Caribbean islands 50+ times and is ready to move on. I love the TCI and is booked for another week next June, but is still itching another spectacular beach location. Should I pick the Mauritius, the Maldives, or Bora Bora if these were the choices?

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,676 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where else if not TCI?

Seychelles, Denis island

Edited: 05 November 2012, 14:43
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where else if not TCI?

Seychelles (Praslin - Hotel Acajou)

Maldives (Lhaviyani Atoll - Palm Beach Resort)

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,929 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where else if not TCI?

I have been to Seychelles, Maldives and Bora Bora.

I would pick Maldives in a heartbeat!

My favorite place in the world!

If you love TCI, which you do, Maldives is best fit.

Seyshelles are beautiful, especially La Digue, but terrible swimming dangerous undertows. (governors have drowned, I almost did and I'm a scuba diver/excellent swimmer!)

Bora Bora is also stunning, but nothing to do! Beaches you need water shoes to get in water, many small rock corals on shore.

Maldives are perfect little circle islands, water as bright and gorgeous as provo, but with leaning palm trees. Most exotic pictures are of Maldives, or Cook Islands (Aitutaki Lagoon, similar to Maldives, which I've also been too)

Actually Cooks might combine 2 of your choices. Rarotonga is scenic like Bora Bora, and you can split with Aitutaki which is like Maldives.

But I still would pick Maldives! ;-)

Knoxville TN
Level Contributor
335 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where else if not TCI?

Heard many good things about the Maldives from my Asian friends that vacate in that part of the world.

Too bad I will burn 4 precious vacation days just going there when I go from Atlanta -> Turks in 3 hours. One of these days though.....

Boston
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where else if not TCI?

Any of these island is fine with me. Which is the quickest to get to?

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,929 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where else if not TCI?

None. But Maldives does take 2-3 days. Best to add a couple nights to break it up, say either Singapore (if gng in that direction) or Dubai. Pretty exotic vacation! I think there are now flights through London, as many British vacation there. (when I went I started in Asia first, so went that way)

Bora Bora takes 5 hours to CA, 8 hours hawaii, maybe 4 hours to Tahiti, and then maybe 40 minute flight to BB?

Cooks about the same. Raratonga the main island, then about 45 minutes to Aitutaki.

Seychelles, 7 hours to London, 7 hours to Kenya (the way I went) then 4 more hours to Mali. Then either a flight to Pralin and ferry tovLa Digue, or I think there's a ferry tovLa Digue. Again break up trip either London, Kenya safari, or both. (I did both)

No matter which you choose, I highly recommend breaking it up wherever you layover.

Stony Brook, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where else if not TCI?

Staniel cay yacht club< exumas Bahamas>, beaches , swimming pigs, tame sharks !!! iguana island, thunderball grotto ,Rum!!! every cottage which has a balcony hanging over the water comes with a 13 ft whaler . Just came back and booked another trip in Aug. PARADISE!!!

Edited: 09 November 2012, 01:02
Boston
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where else if not TCI?

Been to the Bahamas a few times..but will have to return soon to swim with the pigs!

9. Re: Where else if not TCI?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2013, 10:16