We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Part 1:Trip Report 10/24/12 thru 11/01/12(1st time in Provo)

nj
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Part 1:Trip Report 10/24/12 thru 11/01/12(1st time in Provo)

We recently returned from 8 days on Provo. Prior to leaving on my trip I searched this forum before I left for ideas, tips, recommendation, directions, etc. So I thought I would write a trip report and maybe some information will help someone else.

Three couples(ages 49:-) to 64 traveled to celebrate a 50th birthday. Two couples arrived on the 24th and the third came in on Friday 10/26/12.

Flights/Travel: Left on Weds 10/24, as "Tropical Storm Sandy" was turning into Hurricane Sandy. We left out of Philly to Miami to Provo. No problems, except our luggage did not make it on our flight(ours and 30! others) unbelievable, that that much can get "lost". Lucklily we had packed our carry ons with bathing suits and a change of clothes. We filed a claim and were on our way. Luggage actaully came in at 10:30 that night on another flight and was delivered to our resort.

Transport: My travel agent had arranged transfers for us as a birhtday gift to me. We went thru TCI escapes and Tina's Taxi picked us up. It was us and one othre couple. They got dropped off at Seven Stars and then Tina(and Stephanie) drove us to a liquor store to pick upsome adult beveragesfor ouor room. Tina's Taxi, cannot say enougt good things about Tina. We used Tina several other times during our trip. Honest, Reliable, Friendly.

Car Rental: Since we had no idea where we were going once we landed and we had Grace Bay Rental drop a car off at our Resort on Thursday morning. They then returned the following Thursday and retrieved it. This worked well for us and we had no issues at all w/ Grace Bay rentals. We used the car during the day to sightsee, shop, etc. and then called Tina(if we knew all of us would be indulging in numerous adult beverages).

Lodging: Royal West Indies Resort. OMG! I absolutely loved this place. We had an ocean front room in buidling one, third floor, corner unit. Beautiful, spacious, way more than I expected. It had a full kitchen, dining area, nice size living area,very comfortable size bedroom, with views of grace bay(while lying in bed!), bathrrom was also nice. The big deck with table w/ 4 chairs and a lounge chair and an Amazing view of Grace Bay was utilized alot for happy hour to watch the sunset.. The grounds of this resort are lovingly taken care of by Hazel(who has been there over 30 years). Her and her staff's hard work pays off. I went to a few other resorts thru-out the week and RWI is up there w/ the best.

Royal West Indies personnel: I cannot say enough good things about all the people that work there. When we arrived tired from a long day of travel(and lost luggage),Fabian and Noel had us laughing in no time. Took us on a short tour of the resort and helped us get out friend's room moved from the "botanicla" view to oceanfront. They actually moved in right next store, which was great. Cecelia took care of us every morning when we ate at the Pelican Restaurant/Bar. The pool/beach guys(Billy, Randall, etc.) top notch. Jerome and Calvin at the bar/restaurant were also great. Calvin has to be one the hardest working person I met, always cheerful with something upbeat to say, cannot say enough good things about Calvin.

Have to go and vote! But will continue later with Restaurants/Bars, sightseeing, The Boat Trip and other misc.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Part 1:Trip Report 10/24/12 thru 11/01/12(1st time in Provo)

Great report so far....can't wait to hear more!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Part 1:Trip Report 10/24/12 thru 11/01/12(1st time in Provo)

Oh, the suspense! Can't wait to read more!

Glad you had a great trip!

Edited: 06 November 2012, 18:11
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,227 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Part 1:Trip Report 10/24/12 thru 11/01/12(1st time in Provo)

Did you vote already? Ready to read more!

Paris, Tennessee
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Part 1:Trip Report 10/24/12 thru 11/01/12(1st time in Provo)

What is the number to get in touch with Tina? Thanks!

nj
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Part 1:Trip Report 10/24/12 thru 11/01/12(1st time in Provo)

This is from her business card:

Ph: 1649.243.1672

USA: 305.394.6349

Honorable Doctor-Onemia(Tina) Walkin

email: onemia_33@hotmail.com

tinawalkinwalkin26@YAHOO.COM

6. Re: Part 1:Trip Report 10/24/12 thru 11/01/12(1st time in Provo)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2013, 10:18