We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

Hi, we are family of 5, 2 adults and 3 small children. We are traveling in February and are trying to figure out where to stay. We want to have a nice pool (a shallow area for the kids), easy beach access, good food (options either at the resort or walking) and just overall nice place.

What do you recommend?

Gansavort?

Seven Stars?

West Bay Club?

Other?

thanks! Seema

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

We are a family of 5 (3 young daughters). WEST BAY CLUB is where we would stay given the choices. DR. JIM

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

Seven Stars is more centrally located...easy walk to shops and restaurants. would likely need a car for WBC or Gansevoortt. That said, WBC is the best family luxury bang for the buck. I have a 3 bedroom booked there for Easter break, but we know the island and will have a car. I will be staying at Seven Stars next week without a car. really depends on your budget and priorities. IMO, I would not pay the extra $ for Gansevoort and would knock that off the list.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,241 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

Not even close sorry. You want the Seven Stars.

The pools don't compare really. WBC is tiny in the back of the building. Seven stars is big, heated, salt water and located on the ocean side

Location of the SS is as central as it gets. Closer to restaurants, supermarket, shopping. As oppose to the other 2 located on the west end.

Beach stretch of SS is great. WBC has sea grass which can be positive or an eye sore depends on you.

With small kids especially SS no doubt.

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,859 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

Ok....don't forget Somerset.

Amazing suites, kids club, and the newly refurbished zero entry infinity pool.

The day's sunlight causes the specially installed tiles to glow at night.

Nice croquet lawn too to play on.

Just another option to consider.

Great stretch of beach and several great restaurants within a short walk.

Mike

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,086 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

Since you are from the city, I agree with Seven Stars. All the nice tall buildings will make you feel at home. : )

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

If you had a to choose between a garden view or ocean view is it worth the extra money $1000 at Seven Stars?

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

Agree with Ziggy- we love the Seven Stars...have made that our new home.

but we have stayed at West Bay Club and it is a great deal and really nice rooms.

Seven Stars is better location 3 onsite places to eat and within walking distance to lots of restaurants and shopping. All that Ziggy said.

Agree with Jess- nix the Gasevort.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

We love the ocean view- when the kids are sleeping you can sit on the balcony with a nice glass of something and watch the gorgeous ocean.. to us it is worth the extra $

Texas
Level Contributor
592 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

Know you didn't mention it, but the double negative entry pool at Regent Grand would be great for the kids. It's as close as you can get to Saltmills and Regent Plazas which have many restaurants and just a short walk to the grocery.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
427 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which Resort - Gansavort? Seven Stars? West Bay Club?

Hmmmm...when I first read your post, the Sands came to mind immediately. Depending on the age of your children, IMHO, their pool(s) are perfect for kids. They are designed with grottos and little bridges, PLUS, there is a "baby" pool, which is perfect for the 0-2 age range. Hemingways is right on property and no unit is too far a walk for little ones (no elevators, though, except in one building). While an older property, it is very nice and family friendly and has a Caribbean vibe to it. It is pretty centrally located as well and very walkable to Regent Plaza. Beautiful part of the beach too.

I LIVE at 7* and love it here ( obviously :)...but depending on your kids' ages and degree of luxury you are looking for, I think the Sands is a better choice. In short, 7* is newer, more luxurious and more $$$, has a kid's club, is more centrally located, the Sands is more laid back, very well laid out for young children, and has an inexpensive restaurant on site.