We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chalk Sound

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Chalk Sound

Is it really worth it? How do you get there from the Grace Bay area in Provo? Not exactly sure if you have to take a plane or a water shuttle. I've heard great things and the pics look amazing?

How exactly does it compare to the Bora Bora lagoon?

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
Level Contributor
347 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chalk Sound

It's no more than a 20 minute car ride from Grace Bay. Absolutely worth doing! The water colour is exquisite. There are a few spots to pull off to see the view, you don't drive along with a clear view of the water the entire way. Las Brisas is a great spot to stop for lunch - sit in the gazebo with a view of the water. As for a comparison to Bora Bora, Mt. Otemanu in the background makes it unbelievably picturesque, along with the various colours in the water. Chalk Sound's water is all turquoise, stunning in itself but personally I don't think much would compare to Bora Bora.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,767 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chalk Sound

As I stated in another post of yours, you must check it out. If you go to Las Brisas and reserve the Gazebo for lunch you will have a wonderful view of the Chalk Sound. You can also rent kayaks and the pontoon while there. You have to make reservations too.

djb

Providenciales...
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chalk Sound

I posted photos yeasterday of our boat trip around Chalk Sound on our facebook page Provo Up Close. Enjoy.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
4,767 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chalk Sound

I just looked at those pics!!! Beautiful pictures. Can't wait to go in June.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Chalk Sound

amazing pics, just liked the page as Ill be coming in June for my honeymoon!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chalk Sound

How do you get Chalk Sound from Villa Oasis on Grace Bay? Can you simply hire a car for the day or do you have to take public transportation?

Also, isn't Taylor Bay really close to Chalk Sound? Just not sure exactly.

Wellesley, Ma
Level Contributor
796 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chalk Sound

I would rent a car for the day. That way, you could drive around Chalk Sound, eat at Las Brisas, and go to Taylor Bay too. And, yes, they are nearby.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,428 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chalk Sound

Directions to To Taylor Bay/Las Brisas/Chalk Sound:

Head west on Leewar hwy toward the airport. Make a left on South Dock Road (Its the roundabout with the lawn in the middle I dont believe there's a sign to it from that direction - if you reached the Milllenium Highway roundabout that means you missed it). Continue on south dock (about 5 miles) and after you pass the Caicos Oil gas station and the road curves right, Chalk Dr will be on your right. Turn right. Right away you will see a house on the left side. That is the Provo Children's Home. Shortly after that you'll see neptune villas/Las Brisas on your right. But continue about a mile to Ocean Point Drive and make a left. Then look for the Ocean Point sign in front of a small gravel parking lot for about 4 cars. Park and its a short walk down the unpaved road to the beach. You are in Taylor Bay.

When you come back to chalk drive, make a left for some nice chalk sound vistas on your right. Then turn around and come back to Neptune villas/Las Brisas. Get a table on the gazebo for maximum breezeness. Enjoy

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chalk Sound

Chalk Sound "sounds" and looks absolutely breathtaking. Is there a certain day of the week it won't be as busy? I will be there Friday-Wednesday in March. I am really wanting to have a day enjoying relaxing.

In regards to kayaking, where can you rent a 1 person kayak?

Thanks Provo fans!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,929 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chalk Sound

You can rent the kayak from Brisas. Send them an email to get details.

We kayaked in single kayaks in Chalk sound and loved it.

Make sure you enjoy lunch in the gazebo after.