I am heading to Turks and Caicos April 4-11, 2013 and I am beyond excited! Thank you to everyone who answers questions on this forum because you have helped me plan my trip so far. I am staying at the Ocean Club East and I am young (20's) who loves trying something new and then relaxing. I have many questions, feel free to answer any one of them or all of them.
1.Any tips for someone staying at Ocean Club East (We already picked the jr. suite)?
2.Are there any events going on while I am there? I will be renting a car so I can go anywhere (thanks for that suggestion).
3.What is something I cannot miss? What was your favorite part of your trip?
4.I am a major foodie, are there any items on the island that I must try? (Other than Conch, I will be eating that of course)
5. I am not a big drinker, but if I had a drink what should I get? Where can I get it? Should I try a type of rum while I am there?
6.I have read about all of the restaurants on here. Should I make reservations now? and for what restaurants?
7. If you were on a budget what would you do? What is free and fun?
8. Are there any people offering tours, trips, and excursions that are budget friendly? I have read about most of them on here. I would really like to go fishing but they seem to be very expensive.
9. What are some mistakes that first time travelers make?
10. Other helpful advice: I really appreciate any feedback that you can give me. I am looking for unique and non-touristy things to do or hyper-touristy things that everyone that visits needs to do.
There will be a full trip report when I get home. I write a blog about Minneapolis (www.mplsgossipgirl.com) So, the most detailed one will be on there.