We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family-friendly restaurants near Ocean Club East

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Family-friendly restaurants near Ocean Club East

We will be making our first trip to Turks and Caicos in March, and will be staying at Ocean Club East. We will have our 15 an 11 year old kids with us. Any recommendations on family-friendly restaurants nearby?

Thanks!

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,174 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family-friendly restaurants near Ocean Club East

Flamingos (Ricky's) at the Cultural Center adjacent to Club Med

would be the closest.

I think the resort has it's own restaurant too.

Mike

Providenciales
Level Contributor
218 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family-friendly restaurants near Ocean Club East

Flamingos is more of a bar set up and can get a bit rowdy in the afternoon. The food is mostly deep fried fare. Not healthy or family friendly. The Cabana restaurant at Ocean Club is actually not bad esp. the fish tacos. Sometimes stop in during my Sunday morning beach run.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family-friendly restaurants near Ocean Club East

Cabana Bar on site at Ocean Club East is an awsome place for casual eats, Also Flamingos right next door is a great place for local fare.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,865 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family-friendly restaurants near Ocean Club East

I have never eaten anything deep fired at Flamingo's, although I guess they have it. I always get the curried grouper or the jerk chicken. It's a great spot right next door.

Further up the beach past Club Med is Pelican Bay at the Royal West Indies too.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family-friendly restaurants near Ocean Club East

You can also take the free shuttle from Ocean Club East to Ocean Club West and eat at Seaside cafe.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family-friendly restaurants near Ocean Club East

We really enjoyed our meals at Flamingo's. There may be some deep fried dishes offered, never really noticed. Loved the grouper and lobster dishes available. Great local restaurant right on the beach!

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,383 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family-friendly restaurants near Ocean Club East

Definitely Flamingo. I've never had fried foods there and never seen crowds during the week. Both times we ate there we had the whole place to ourselves. Agree with Maca, the grouper is excellent.

Anyone who stays at OC will frequent the Cabana. It's our favorite casual spot on the island. You can also take the free shuttle to Ocean Club West. The Upstairs is across the street and features pizza and chicken or vegetable risotto.

Ronkonkoma, New York
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family-friendly restaurants near Ocean Club East

I've been trying to figure out what you mean by family friendly. I think all restaurants on provo are "family friendly".I've been to most with my kids.

Toronto Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family-friendly restaurants near Ocean Club East

Lyonfish, it's good to hear that all restaurants on Provo are family friendly. We were mainly trying to exclude places that are really bars that cater mainly to adults.

10. Re: Family-friendly restaurants near Ocean Club East

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 05:17