We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport transportation from royal west indies?

east hampton
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
airport transportation from royal west indies?

Hi! i will be traveling to royal west indies in a few weeks. (so excited!!) as the trip is coming closer the only thing i havent figured out is transportation from the airport to the hotel and back. i know it says their are taxis readily available when you get there but i was wondering is there any way i can schedule a pickup before i arrive?? i would like to know that i have a legit ride when i land. thanks so much!!

and if there is any information or photos anyone has on a botanical studio suite i would be very grateful to hear! (or really anything about the resort or island itself, this is me and my boyfriends first time traveling to providenciales and our first vacation together)

walpole, ma
Level Contributor
189 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport transportation from royal west indies?

i've used wayne outten several times. he was right there when we came out of the airport . anthonyoutten@yahoo.com

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,815 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport transportation from royal west indies?

All the taxis at the airport are legit. There is a protocol, the airport director (right as you walk out) will ask where you are going and then he/she walkie-talkies to the next taxi in line to come up to the 'spot', you put your luggage in the back of the van and off you go. Sometimes they try to get a few different groups going to the same resort or close by, they try to fill the van.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,435 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport transportation from royal west indies?

Rbi rep will have someone at the airport to meet and greet you.

They will guide you to a taxi when you come out of customs and taxi is plentiful

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport transportation from royal west indies?

all true, to be safe agree on a price with the driver up front. Should be ~$12-14 per person to RWI from the airport. RWI is a beautiful resort with a nice pool great landscaping and an awesome beachfront. You will love it. The best piece of advice i got as a first time visitor to Provo years ago was to "pack 1/2 the clothes and 2X the $$$". I'm just talkin'!

Edited: 22 January 2013, 23:56
east hampton
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: airport transportation from royal west indies?

Thank you!!!

Edited: 23 January 2013, 00:13
east hampton
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: airport transportation from royal west indies?

Thank you for the info! it has put my mind at ease to know there will be legit services waiting there when i arrive. also, i appreciate the info about the resort! it has just made us all the more excited to leave!!! :)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
129 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport transportation from royal west indies?

We stayed in a ground level studio botanical view at RWI in 2010 and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! The suite is plenty spacious with a kitchenette and washer/dryer in unit. One nice bonus is that it has a full size refridge/freezer combination. Actually it's not really full size but more of a compact version of a standard appliance. Its great in that you can keep ice, and ice cream in your suite and have room for water, food and plenty of adult beverages (this is a huge bonus compared to a similar studio at the Sands-although that room was bigger it only had a tiny dormatory style fridge with no real freezer and very little room). We loved the poolside patio and would frequently sneak out to the hot tub-RWI has a nice one that they keep quite hot which is a great bedtime or early morning treat. I think you will enjoy RWI for your first trip. Definitely take advantage of the free unlimited use of the hobie cats-Grace Bay is the perfect spot to sail for beginners and experienced since it is protected by a a large barrier reef.

And as others have said don't worry about taxis from the airport-they are plentiful and safe. If you are not renting a car (we always do-more out of the freedom it brings vs. true necessity) you might want to look into some of the taxi drivers recommended on this site. Taxis can be quite pricey in Provo but there are certain drivers who offer better rates and stay busy with repeat customers and they will arrange to drop you and pick you up from dinners, etc.

east hampton
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: airport transportation from royal west indies?

Thank you SO much for the in depth reply.. Again it is just making us both more excite for what is to come! We have been doing so much research as this is our first vacation but there is nothing better than hearing it from someone who has stayed there and can give true advice and feedback. It is very appreciated :) we look forward to it!!!

9. Re: airport transportation from royal west indies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 06:19