We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BTW....Somerset pool at night

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
8,476 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
BTW....Somerset pool at night

We went down to see the pool at night....breathtaking with the new sunreflective tiles.

But....could not stop thinking of the midnight swim with Desi and family we enjoyed one trip.

We think of him everyday and hope for his recovery from his illness.

Would LOVE to see his smiling face again walking down the beach.

Mike

The Venetian on Grace Bay
The Venetian on Grace Bay
#1 of 43 hotels in Providenciales
Windsong Resort
Windsong Resort
#6 of 43 hotels in Providenciales
Kokomo Botanical Resort
Kokomo Botanical Resort
#14 of 43 hotels in Providenciales
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: BTW....Somerset pool at night

I TOTALLY understand what you're saying......and I haven't even had the pleasure to meet Desi and his family yet.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: BTW....Somerset pool at night

We might sneak in for a late night dip in the pool to check it out ourselves. We promise, we will behave. DR. JIM

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: BTW....Somerset pool at night

I am with you on that one Mike. Hoping every day brings him closer to a full recovery.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
324 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BTW....Somerset pool at night

I actually met Desi when staying at T&C Club 3years ago. Haven't been on the forum much until recently as we are planning to go back this summer. Desi is a very kind man and also quite helpful. I'm so sorry to read he's been ill. Hope things improve for him soon.

Indianoplace
Level Contributor
259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: BTW....Somerset pool at night

tcimike...that is so sweet re DESI. I check DESI's posting number every time I log on here...just waitin' for 10,754!

Sunny

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: BTW....Somerset pool at night

Sunnygirl- you just brought a tear to my eye....

Sala- he is a nice man isn't he? So glad you got a chance to meet him...the forum isn't the same without his helpful, funny, nice posts....

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: BTW....Somerset pool at night

Sorry, I did not know the extent about DESI being ill. DR. JIM

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BTW....Somerset pool at night

Here's to Desi...thanks for posting Mike and all!

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BTW....Somerset pool at night

Mike, thanks for posting about Desi.I thought about it but did not know how to bring it up. I had the pleasure of meeting him and his family in June. We met at the TA gathering and were staying at the Tuscany at the same time. He is one of the nicest guys I ever met. I am praying that one day I will log on and see a post from him..

TA is not the same without him..

My heart smiles when I think about telling him my dad was born and raised in Tennessee. His response with a laugh was "Oh a Jersey Girl with southern roots".:-(

Mentioned in this post
The Tuscany
The Tuscany
544 Reviews
Providenciales
10. Re: BTW....Somerset pool at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2014, 06:19