We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct Flights from BOS to PLS

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
Direct Flights from BOS to PLS

Hello,

I have been checking flights for Nov/Dec 2013. US Airways has direct flights on Saturdays beginning on Dec 21st. Am I recalling correctly that Jet Blue also have direct flights on Saturdays from Nov to April ?

Thanks,

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,603 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct Flights from BOS to PLS

Yes, I believe JB has a few months where they also have direct flights. I like USAir better and find in a lot of cases their flights are about 200 cheaper than JB.

Shrewsbury...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct Flights from BOS to PLS

We have direct flights from Boston via Jet Blue on May 4 - crossing my fingers and everything else that they don't cancel it!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
149 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct Flights from BOS to PLS

I have been checking for flights from BOS to PLS for first 2 weeks in Sept.

Direct would be nice but it looks like that is not going to happen. The cheapest are $475(American Airlines) with a 17 hour layover in Miami. That is not happening either. US Air has a flight with a stop in Philly for around $550.

That would be acceptable-my question is ..does anyone have an opinion re: if the prices are going up or down. Does anyone have any ideas for other options?

Any help appreciated.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct Flights from BOS to PLS

Most air travel passengers would prefer to pay more for a direct flight to their destination than one or two stoppers that cost less.Traveling 3 hours instead of 8 or 9 is much better. If I could get a direct flight out of Detroit(there are none) to Provo and pay $700 instead of paying $500 for one than takes one or two stops(layovers). I am going for the direct one. More stops translates to more delays and time. That 6 or 7 extra hours times each way translates to 12-14 hrs. of my time on a round trip. So keep checking and if you can snag a direct if it becomes available--book it. Otherwise a connecting flight is your only other option. As far as for prices going up or down to their lowest rate-- that is an uknown we would all like the answer to that is when(time). DR. JIM

Edited: 30 January 2013, 02:56
Milford...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
654 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Direct Flights from BOS to PLS

There have been no directs from BOS for the fall (I wish there was). As for price, the best we've had for that time frame was just under $500/person. We've always been able to take the last flight out of PLS and get in around midnight into BOS.....never had a layover that long

Good luck finding a flight!

Northof Boston
Level Contributor
544 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Direct Flights from BOS to PLS

JB's schedule isn't out for the fall yet. In the past, they have resumed their direct flights around Nov. 1.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Direct Flights from BOS to PLS

Thanks for all the responses.

I am torn between buying USAir flight via Philly or Charlotte and waiting for Jet Blue schedule that will be out in a couple of months.

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,603 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Direct Flights from BOS to PLS

If you do choose USAir do the flight via Charlotte, much easier to get through customs and smaller airport to navigate, I've missed connections back to Boston in Philly, has never happened in Charlotte.

Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Direct Flights from BOS to PLS

In the past we have always flown direct on Jet Blue; however, for this trip directs were more than $300 more a ticket. Take that times 5 and for $1500 we could stay extra nights. So for this trip we are trying USAIR -- we fly through Philly on the way down (but don't change planes thankfully) and are returning through Charlotte. With 3 kids I do not want to go through customs in Miami or NY. Hopefully tickets will go down in price for you.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Direct Flights from BOS to PLS

As of now, BOS to PLS via Charlotte both ways on Saturdays in early Dec is $428 per person.

Would JB be asking over $600 ? I guess I have to ask myself how much is too much to pay extra for direct flights.