We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - 8 nights at Seven Stars

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report - 8 nights at Seven Stars

Having read an excellent day by day trip report while researching this trip, I thought I'd post my trip in daily increments. I won't, however, live up to the writing prowress of the aforementioned poster.

Let me start with the basics....

-this is our annual couples trip (ie the kids are home with grandma)

- 8 nights in mid-Feb

- we chose Turks and Caicos because of the amazing beach and easy access (ie you don't need to take 4 different modes of transportation to get here like, say, Anguilla). Also because we were more interested in relaxing by the beach than adventures this time. (Our other top option was St. Lucia).

- we chose Seven Stars because of its location near many restaurants. Wil have to get back to whether it ended up being the right choice

So, on to Day1

We arrived smoothly at 12:30, 30 min early. Customs & luggage were easy. Grabbed a dining guide and when where how from the rack to the left of baggage claim while waiting. Nice map in the latter.

Seven Stars station is just outside to the left of the door. They gave us each a small bottle of water and got us set up with a shared van ($13 each as noted in numerous posts). Short 15-20min drive to the hotel.

Check in was fine - nothing special. They did ask for our booking confirmation (we had booked through a third party site) so we had to dig through emails and forward before we could proceed. Rum punch was good. They have DVDs, board games and bikes available at no charge.

We are in a junior suite, garden view. What that means is we face west, away from the ocean and pool. Would be nice to have the ocean view, but we do get to see the sunset which is nice (no plans to be up for sunrise). Bathroom is very nice/large. Previous posters commented on the "kitchen" so was expecting more. It's more of an upgraded mini bar area incl mini fridge (with ice maker!), stove, coffee maker, microwave and dishes.

Once we were all settled, we walked up the beach (east) looking for lunch and exploring. Not seeing many restaurants on the beach, we ate at Flamingos. Decent rum punch. Food was fine. Great view of the water. Cash only. Happy with our stop.

Saw several beach volleyball games as we walked back. Dipped in the ocean (yes, a little chilly if you're not overheated from being in the sun), the heated salt water pool and generally chilled until dinner.

Had reservations at Bella Luna thanks to Leonard, Seven Stars concierge. I made a list of targeted restaurants based on my trip advisor research. Then I asked Leonard to help with the order. For the first night - something nice, but not fancy, within easy walking distance. Bella Luna was perfect! Shorts & a nice shirt. Practically across the street. Good food. Not an amazing, "must not miss" kind of place, but reminded us of our regular Italian choice at home.

Tried to stop at GracewayGourmet IGA on the way home,but it closes at 9, not 10 as mentioned on the web site. That's ok, I can literally see the sign from my balcony, so it's close. Mental note, no need to stock up, because it's so easy to access.

I know it was saturday, but it'd been a long week, so that was it for our first night.

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,630 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report - 8 nights at Seven Stars

Sounds nice so far.

The IGA is close by as well as Regent Village and Salt Mills.

You will love the Grace Bay beach.

Mike

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report - 8 nights at Seven Stars

Nice report! Looking forward to Day 2!

kalamazoo, mi
Level Contributor
495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report - 8 nights at Seven Stars

looking forward to the next day!

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report - 8 nights at Seven Stars

You are off to a great start..Keep the reports coming..

We love Bella Luna..In June we were there during a huge thunder storm..One of our most romantic dining experiences ever..

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report - 8 nights at Seven Stars

sounds like a good first day.

I look forward to more reports.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report - 8 nights at Seven Stars

Sounds like you are off to a great start!

JerseyGirl, I remember that night well....we were dining outside at Caicos Cafe and I swear we almost got struck by lightening! A very memorable evening!

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Report - 8 nights at Seven Stars

Have a a chocolate Martini from Kirkwood at The Deck at 3-4 pm great place to relax. or evenings with music.

Do a Sunset cruise with Seven Stars Private Boat.. Claudine great concierge.

go to Coco Bistro, Bay Bistro and Caicos Cafe and Seven while you are there

Ask away - love everyone there!

Providenciales...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Report - 8 nights at Seven Stars

when they said that it closes at 10 pm they meant the main store not the gourmet. They have two stores which is IGA and then IGA Gourmet.Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay!!! :) :) :) :)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Report - 8 nights at Seven Stars

Thanks everyone for your comments and tips!

DAY 2

I woke relatively early and decided to hit the grocery store before DH awoke. We needed juice to go with the duty free liquor we bought at the airport. Plus wanted some munchies and even lunch food. GracewayGourmet looks likes small grocery store at home. Decent selection. Some prices look like home while others were much more. Loaded up my backpack and headed back across the street. Really short walk, no hesitation about going back later.

Breakfast at Seven was good. It's not a brunch I'd pay $30 for, but way better than a typical included hotel breakfast. And who cares if it's the same every day - doesn't mean you need to eat the same thing. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Spent the day on the beach staring at the wondrous color of Grace Bay. It was very windy, apparently related to the storm that hit the northeast US. That meant getting whipped with sand during our walk. We headed north and got as far as the Somerset. Interesting, you have to really look to figure out which resort is which. Other places we've been have custom umbrellas or chairs advertising which resort you are passing. Also noted a shortage of cafes during the walk. I'm sure they are there,but tucked back into the resort so it wasn't obvious. Thought about Bay Bistro for lunch, but we're only in bathing suits and one look at the crowd inside assured us that we were not sufficiently dressed. Oh well, another time. Didn't see Hemingways even though we were apparently on top of it, so headed back to the hotel. Grabbed a pizza at the pool restaurant - it was very good. While we were eating, it started to rain, so we retired to our room for a few hours.

Reservations at Magnolia at 8. Had a pleasant conversation on the way over with Skipper the cab driver. Arrived early and were seated right away. There were a few people there, but lots of open tables. Sat on the deck and was offered a pashmina in case I got cold (i declined, but nice touch!) Ambiance was nice - bet its better if you go when its still light out or around dusk. Our main waiter was very good - recommended a good bottle of wine, decanted upon our request, attentive but not overbearing. Unfortunately, his support staff were not as versed in waiting tables. They were constantly around seeing if they could clear food, etc including interrupting our conversations. It was the opposite of island time - felt like they were trying to rush us through to get to the next group of people (but there wasn't a next group). I can only assume they overreacted to feedback about slow service. I had the beets & mozzarella salad and rack of lamb. Salad was good. Sauce on lamb was fishy (I don't like fish), but otherwise fine. DH had soup special which he enjoyed and the beef tenderloin which we both liked. Chocolate cake with ice cream for dessert. Standard fare - suspect it came out of a box vs. being made on site, but hey, it was chocolate, so I ate it up and enjoyed. Overall, I'd say Magnolia is a fine restaurant, but probably not someplace I'd go again. Too many other places to try.

Skipper picked us up (thanks to our waiter calling him for us). We asked him if there were any good places to go for a drink near magnolia and he suggested that there are better spots near our hotel. He dropped us at Danny Buoys. Nice deck, loud music, fun people watching. Music started off like some awful wedding mix (80s classics but not bar tunes) but got better as time went on. People got up and danced. Had a good time. Mai tais were good but strong. Easy walk home (score for Seven Stars location). Planning to go back for the Duke-UNC game as its supposedly a sports bar.

Day 3 report to come ..... Day 4 will be the day we rent the car and head to Taylor bay and sapodilla bay, so if you have suggestions, I'm all ears.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Report - 8 nights at Seven Stars

Great day 2 report! Enjoyed the great read!

On Day 4, make sure you have lunch at Las Brisas ( Neptune Villas) overlooking beautiful Chalk Sound!

Be sure to return to Bay Bistro for dinner......a personal favorite!

Hope the wind calms down for you. Keep enjoying!