We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Crowding in June

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
49 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Crowding in June

On our first trip to Provo last August, we walked into any restaurant we wanted with no reservation & no problem getting a great table. We're going back in June & I'm reading about people getting 9pm reservations because everything else is taken.

Will June be crowded? Do I need to think in advance about getting reservations at places like Bay Bistro, Magnolia, Hemingway's etc? I would assume I'd still be ok at places like Hole in the Wall & Smokey's without planning ahead. Right?

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,820 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Crowding in June

You should still be okay without advanced reservations. However, I would still make them at Coco Bistro a day or 2 before, and the rest can be made the day of, only to be polite to the chef for planning purposes.

If you do not want to plan head, my guess is that you should be fine as a walk in.

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Crowding in June

How soon should you book your restaurant reso's if travelling in Early May...a few weeks in advance or a few months?

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,820 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Crowding in June

A week or so, should be fine, however again, Coco Bistro fills up quickly, if that is on your list, call 2 weeks before.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,521 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Crowding in June

I have been going to Provo in June for several years. We have never had a problem with getting a table when we want. We usually make reservations either the day before or the day of for the more popular restaurants.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,465 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Crowding in June

It would be a good idea to make reservations. We visit in June and every restaurant we go to is packed. We had reservations for every restaurant we wanted to go to. Make reservations for places like bay bistro, coco bistro, magnolia, and other high end restaurants. Especially the ones you really want to go to. Restaurants like Tiki Hut, Sharkbite you will most likey have to wait to be seated. I make reservations a month-3 weeks a head of time.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,428 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Crowding in June

June should not be an issue.

Reservations 1-2 days ahead should be fine.

Mike

7. Re: Restaurant Crowding in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2014, 06:16