We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving March 6th - A few questions

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berlin MD
Level Contributor
27 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving March 6th - A few questions

Greetings to the forum! First and foremost I want to say thank you to everyone who participates and shares in this forum, I have gained some invaluable information and enjoyed reading many of the posts. We are headed to T&C on March 6th for a week (excited!!). It will be our first time to T&C and will be celebrating my husband’s 60th. We are staying at Aqua Marine Beach Houses and will have a rental car for the week.

A few questions:

Turks Head Beer – I had read somewhere you can buy it cheaper at the brewery. Is that true? Is the brewery worth a visit?

Wine – I’m a bit picky about my wine (red) - anyone have recommendations for a good wine store/selection.

Diving/Snorkeling trip – we may venture on a diving/snorkeling trip – does anyone have any recommendations? We don’t like big boats with a lot of people on them.

Restaurant recommendations to celebrate the big 60. We are not real fancy people, but like good food and I would like to make this one a little special. We tend to like casual, friendly places with a personality. Waterfront would be nice but not a requirement. Something in walking/staggering distance to Aqua Marine would be a plus. Any suggestions?

All-in-all, we are looking forward to trying to find Taylor Bay and some other day trips I have read about. But no real plans other than to relax and enjoy the island, check out some good places to eat and drink that we have read about and enjoy the beach & water.

Thanks again to everyone. We are looking forward to our adventure in T&C!

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,250 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving March 6th - A few questions

The brewery would save you some serious $, so it would be worth a visit.

Wine Cellar - best selection of wine

You can also find good selection at IGAs as well as a few selections at FOTAC in Regent Village.

Walking distance from AMBH-

Stelle at Gansevoort

Atlantic Grille at West Bay Club

Somewhere at Coral Gardens

Having a car you are close to Magnolia overlooking Turtle Cove Marina

Several options to dine in Turtle Cove (Sharkbite,Baci,Greenbean Cafe,Tiki Hut)

New restaurant at Vista Azul condos in Turtle Cove called The Bliss Lounge and Restaurant

Worth a further drive to Coco Bistro and Bay Bistro)

Here's a start.

Hope that this helps

Mike

kalamazoo, mi
Level Contributor
495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving March 6th - A few questions

i will be there in may. any info you can give me once you have been to Aquamarine Beach House and walking distance etc. will be appreciated! one question... is there a cork screw to open wine? seriously! lol. thanks

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving March 6th - A few questions

Sounds like a perfect place to celebrate!

If you go on youtube you can actually look up driving directions to Taylor Bay and Sapodilla Bay...people have taken the time to post their videos....so helpful!

After watching those we had no problems finding them at all.

Oh and almost forgot, we went on the half day snorkeling tour with Island Vibes and had a blast! There were only 10 of us on the boat and the whole experience was one of the most fun of our trip. Highly recommend!

Have fun!

Edited: 26 February 2013, 01:25
Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving March 6th - A few questions

Where exactly is the Turks Head Brewery located?

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,903 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving March 6th - A few questions

Directions to the brewery, Courtesy of WWH:

Pick up any Where When How magazine, go to the Map of Providenciales. From the Grace Bay area head west on Leeward Hwy, once you pass the main IGA (34) the Wine Cellar (48) and Building Materials (82) turn left at the next traffic circle, it is stuck exactly in the binding of the magazine, take a left on the second road, Universal-Rent-All Drive, go to TC Crystal Water Company which is marked with #42. They have no Turks Head souvenirs there, just beer for $33 a case, cash only.

For you husby's 60th, there is not a place I would recommend in walking distance. Look at Bay Bistro which is waterfront and Le Bouchon in the Regent Village.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
556 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving March 6th - A few questions

Bay Bistro would be my suggestion for a birthday celebration. Not walking distance but worth it for the view and the food.

Wine Cellar or IGA for wine. They both have a reasonable selection.

I like Big Blue Unlimited for snorkel trip.

Edited: 26 February 2013, 11:03
Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaving March 6th - A few questions

@ firllink...yes they have corkscrews.

The closest place to eat would be Somewhere on the Beach at Coral Gardens Hotel. You are also close to Baci's, Shark Bite and Tiki Hut. You would want a taxi back at least.

HACKETTSTOWN, NJ
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Leaving March 6th - A few questions

Sound like fun.

Wine at Wine Cellar

Las Brisas in Chalk Sound. Have never been but is right out by Taylor Bay so would be worth trying at lunch. I have friends who have been and enjoy it. Love Taylor Bay and selfishly glad it is hard to get to. Remember there is no shade so bring water and a hat. Also no restrooms.

Dining: "Coco Bistro" weather permitting so you can dine outside under the lit palm trees.

"Coyoba" haad a wonderful meal last time I was in TCI.

"Lemon" lower key, great Mediteranian food. Love the lamb shank. Already planning on going back there in May.

Drinks: Grace Bay Club has wonderful patio with comfortable couches and live music with beach views. Can't be beat.

Check out the "wherewhenhow" magazine onlne. "Dining Guide" will have ads for all restaurants and most with menus.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Leaving March 6th - A few questions

the wine cellar has a huge selection of wine as does the IGA only 5-10 minute drive from where you are staying

the island is very easy to get around

Taylor Bay is very easy to find and worth the trip. you should try to stop at Las Brisas for lunch if going to taylor bay it is right by taylor bay and very nice casual restaurant, friendly staff, good food, beautiful view overlooking chalk sound.

Berlin MD
Level Contributor
27 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Leaving March 6th - A few questions

Perfect! Thanks for the directions to the brewery! We will stop by and check it out. Yes, we plan to check out Las Brisas!