We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobster in April? :(

BC
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lobster in April? :(

Have done some research already and it looks like we screwed up on our dates, no lobster to be had, except for imported, after March 31 and until Aug 1?

We really enjoy fresh seafood, so, I guess we will have to suffice with Conch and whatever else if fresh, having never eaten Conch before, is it like lobster?

First timer getting ready for our trip :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lobster in April? :(

it tastes like clams or calamari, but is a bit chewy. When it is fresh it is really good.

Not sure about the lobster. Heading to Provo for the first time in 3 days.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,857 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lobster in April? :(

I thought its until April 15th this season

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lobster in April? :(

Conch ceviche or conch salad is good; yes, the conch is a lot like calamari. I think it's the conch fritters that remind me of hush puppies....they are ok. I prefer the grouper!! As in fish tacos, etc. We had some great sea bass at Hemingway's last year. Have a wonderful time!!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,702 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lobster in April? :(

Not sure if they extended Lobster season, but if it's over you can't get any kind of lobster after that point..... imported, frozen or otherwise.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,669 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lobster in April? :(

Lobster season closes March 31, 2013 and re-opens on the day known to local Turks & Caicos fishermen as" Lobster Grab" either August 1st or 15th 2013. We arrive the latter 2 weeks of August to partake in the consumption of Lobster and Conch. In the meantime, go to Antigua for their "All Year" Lobster season. DR. JIM

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,573 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lobster in April? :(

I believe lobster season has been extended this year until April 15th.

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lobster in April? :(

whew, keater, you just made it!!

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,573 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lobster in April? :(

Thanks ajax, yes I did. Looking forward to ther grilled tails at Bay Bistro and Seaside Cafe.

Toronto
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Lobster in April? :(

Ziggy is correct....April 15th it is!

Here's a link to the Dept. of Environment & Coastal Resources: http://www.environment.tc/News-Releases.html

We will be there for the first week in April; any suggestions as to where we should go to enjoy the last few lobsters of the season?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
129 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lobster in April? :(

No need to worry about lobster season being over when you are there-lots of great fresh fish to eat.

As for lobster-my favorite place is Coco Bistro. Its perfectly cooked and probably twice the amount as the others. Bay Bistro and Caicos Cafe are also good for lobster although its a much smaller portion for the price. BB and CC are also known for excellent and perfectly cooked fresh fish such as wahoo, snapper and grouper.