We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time trip... Considering Windsong Resort... advice?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
First time trip... Considering Windsong Resort... advice?

I am looking for a resort with a beautiful beachfront with easy access to beach chairs/umbrellas, as well as a property in walking distance to some restaurants, etc. Is this the place? Any other suggestions? Husband and I normally go to Aruba but want to try something different. We are in our early 30's, no kids (yet!), and would lay on a beautiful beach all day, every day if we could :)

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time trip... Considering Windsong Resort... advice?

Beach in the Windsong and Coral Gardens area is very narrow and can become quite congested due to the snorkeling traffic at the reef in front of the resorts. I think it would be best to give a budget on how much you'd like to spend on a room. Some places to looks into include:

Seven Start Resort

Alexandra Resort

Somerset Resort

Ocean Club West

Ocean Club East

Just to name a few.

Edited: 06 March 2013, 20:55
Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,477 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time trip... Considering Windsong Resort... advice?

That should be Seven Stars Resort, not Start..

Wellesley, Ma
Level Contributor
796 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time trip... Considering Windsong Resort... advice?

We've stayed at Windsong 2 years in a row and highly recommend it. The beach is narrower but we find it less crowded because Windsong is a small resort (only 50 units). People do come down to snorkel but they can't use the chairs and umbrellas at Windsong. Our favorite spot on the beach was actually up in the dunes where Windsong has some lounges and umbrellas. Great view over everyone on the beach.

On the restaurant side, it is further away from some of the central Grace Bay restaurants but it is within walking distance to some.

The units at Windsong are gorgeous. If you can afford it, go for an oceanfront 1-bedroom unit and ask for something above the first floor. The included breakfast is nice and even if you want to add on things that aren't included, they are not expensive. The people who work there are also wonderful - very pleasant and no is never an option for them.

The pool is really nice too and never crowded.

If you like to snorkel, you are right there at one of the off-shore snorkeling sites, so it is easy to just snorkel whenever you want with no effort.

Pm me if you have any other questions.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
849 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time trip... Considering Windsong Resort... advice?

As mentioned the Windsong is on a more narrow beach and I'd suggest the Alexandra as well. Besides it's more centrally located to some fine restaurants including Parallel 23, Bay Bistro, Grace's Cottage, or Hemmingways. We usually go after the kids are back in school in the fall, so the beach is basically empty. We've been to Aruba a couple of times, but prefer Grace Bay as for our time of year, it's less crowded. You won't see the development that you see in high rise area of Aruba, but for beach and water you can't beat Grace Bay. Snorkeling is very good on the 3rd largest reef in the world

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First time trip... Considering Windsong Resort... advice?

Contrary to what a couple of posters say the beach may be somewhat narrow, but where else on the Island can you roll out of bed and snorkel? Alexandra and Seven Stars are both very big resorts, but you will find yourself spending more time walking to and from your room to the beach and back. Not sure what Keater is alluding to, but the strip of beach in front of the Windsong is never really that congested and check out the dune lounges, very intimate and up a little higher than the beach overlooking the beautiful turquoise waters still allowing easy quick access to the beach. You can easily walk to Mango Reef, Beach House, Atlantic Bar and Grill, Stelle and of course right next door the popular Somewhere on the Beach restaurant. JoJo's Cafe serves good food too, and you must try the Jerk Pit Night on Sundays with live music! The Windsong is a small luxury, boutique resort that is very affordable and popular among couples seeking a quieter, enjoyable resort with top notch service.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
6,994 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time trip... Considering Windsong Resort... advice?

Also look at these resorts

Somerset

Regent Palms

Point Grace

All very luxurious and nice beach areas with plenty of nearby restaurants to sample.

And RP has an amazing spa if you ar so inclined.

Just a thought.

Mike

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,503 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: First time trip... Considering Windsong Resort... advice?

You are asking a triple prong fork question and I am giving you a single sentence answer. 3rd floor balcony (Oceanview++) jr. suite @ Windsong. Trust me on this? DR. JIM

Connecticut
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time trip... Considering Windsong Resort... advice?

Thanks for all of the advice! There are no ocean view rooms available at Windsong ( for under $1,000/ night) for the week that we are traveling. Should we go for an ocean view at another resort or just take the garden view? I'd like to keep the room rates in the $300/ night (or under) range.

6 inches+ of snow falling right now in CT... can't wait for paradise!!

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time trip... Considering Windsong Resort... advice?

When are you thinking of going.

We have stayed at 4 different hotels in T&C and have fallen in love with The Seven Stars. It takes 2 minutes to get to the pool and 1 minute more to get to the beach.from our suite. We love the large oceantfront 1 bedroom suites as it has 1 and 1/2 bathrooms so my daughter gets her own bathroom. But you can get a Jr suite that is oceanfront as well. The pool is heated and has a restaurant around it...also the Deck is a great place on the beach to get a drink, lunch, dinner and live music .They also have another restaurant on site - Seven and breakfast is included in your rate. And a fun Sunday night BBQ n the beach with a bonfire and live music. The beach has amazing toys and now they even have their own 27 foot boat - we are going on a sunset cruise in 10 days!!!!!

It is within walking distance to many great restaurants such as Caicos Cafe and so many more. also across the street from Graceway Gourmet Store as well as shopping in Salt Mills, Regent Villlage and Ports . I would call Yngrit the reservations manager and ask her for the best rate. Bet you can get oceanfront for less than you think. Gigi

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time trip... Considering Windsong Resort... advice?

Just re-read one of your posts...$300 per night-- best to call Val at Turks and Caicos reservations..he will know what is out there..he is the best.

Gigi